Eating Saltines Makes My Tinnitus Go Away

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by bitrunner, Jan 10, 2018.

1. bitrunner

bitrunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/12015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tick bite
      I am a vegetarian and if I'm not careful, I will not get enough sodium in my diet. When that happens, the tinnitus returns. I have found that eating saltines increases the sodium in my colon, and causes the tinnitus to disappear. I have to keep the sodium above 2500 mg daily to avoid problems.
      One way to tell that you are deficient in sodium is that if you stand up, you Immediately have to head to the bathroom to pee. You may also have constipation issues and sleep issues.

I have strong suspicions that tinnitus is related to imbalances in the microbiome, and given the current state of the food supply chain that harms us more than helps us, it is not difficult for our microbiomes to get quickly out of balance if we are not careful in our food choices. To correct those imbalances, you have to eat a lot of high fiber foods as well as resistant starch.

Hope this helps someone in similar conditions.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Thanks for your story, strange as it may be. Here most of us recommend people to cut back on excess salt and your story is just opposite. LOL. It goes to show that tinnitus is such a strange animal that it can surface with the least expected reason. But your story proves that there needs to be balance in things for the body to function. We do need salt in the body to function, if not too excessive in usage. I have learned something from you post for sure. Thanks for sharing. Take care. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bitrunner

bitrunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/12015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tick bite
      We are told by the medical professionals that we need to reduce blood pressure by reducing sodium. A far better way to reduce bp is to feed the guy bacteria with resistant start, who will produce a chemical compound called nitric oxide, which dilates the blood vessels. Far cheaper than drugs without the side effects.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bitrunner

bitrunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/12015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tick bite
      I have an update. Over the weekend, the tinnitus returned, and I made it go away quickly by drinking a saline solution. Saline solution is easy to make: just put two cups of water into the microwave and heat for 1.5 minutes. Then add 1/2 teaspoon of either sea salt or himylayen salt and allow it to dissolve. Then drink it quickly. The tinnitus disappeared within 5 minutes.
      You also need to have a complete bowel movement before going to bed to flush out any bad bacteria from your system. This should help keep tinnitus from flaring up overnight .

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bitrunner

bitrunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/12015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tick bite
      I was going to post this in the section about diets and tinnitus after reading though some of the posts. My impression is that there is a lot of misinformation out there about diets, so I found this resource from the NIH that summarizes pretty well in nonscientific language what is known about the microbiome. It is lengthy.
      Here is the link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4303825/

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bitrunner

bitrunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/12015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tick bite
      This is an update. I woke up one morning to find no ringing in the ears. The only reason I could of for this happening is that I didn't eat any what products the previous day. All of the other food that Ieat is healthy.

So I have been trying to stay away from eating any wheat based products. That means no pasta, pancakes, or saltines, crackers, pretzels or similar products. Sandwich bread doesn't seem to matter. The ringing has stopped unless I have a low salt day.

Works for me, but don't know f completely curtailing wheat products will help others, but it is easy to experiment to see if it helps you.
      Would be nice if we could run an experiment among all of us and keep track of the results somehow to see if this helps.

• Like Like x 1
    7. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      @bitrunner

~Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food~ Hippocrates

A few years back I had the experience of watching the movie "Forks over Knives." It was an epiphany moment. The movie talks about the "Whole Food Plant Based" way of life. Tinnitus or not, it is something to at least consider. My life has changed because of it.

I take no medications of any kind, my weight is completely normal for my size and I eat when I am hungry, which is almost all of the time.

So happy to hear that you are experiencing positive results.

https://www.forksoverknives.com/the-film/#gs.2OnhNa0

8. Billylongpockets

Billylongpockets Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/3/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @bitrunner
      Hiya, I've had another crap day and have just seen your post.
      Have just put a teaspoon of sea salt into hot water and have just downed the lot.. Crikey, l thought braggs cider vinegar tasted bad... Aint nothing to drinking salt water.. l will try this every night for a week.. If you have any other suggestions please let me know..Thanks for your post

• Genius Genius x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bitrunner

bitrunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/12015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tick bite
      Mixing lemon juice with it will make it more tolerable. Sodium RDA is 2500mg. I would add up how much sodium you consume, and subtract it from this number. If you work out, you will have to account for that.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bitrunner

bitrunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/12015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tick bite
      @emmalee, seems like we need to grow our own organic wheat just to avoid glyphosate and pesticide issues. And then you have the issue of getting it ground. Big farming will eventually kill us if we don't take matters into our own hands.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      I couldn't agree with you more @bitrunner.

I could not swallow a glass of salt water, I can't even gargle with it like they say to do if you have a sore throat. I sincerely hope it helps you.

~emma

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bitrunner

bitrunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/12015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tick bite
      @ Emmalee, the salt solution works when I skip meals. The takeaway is to make sure you get enough sodium in your food, so that you don't have to resort to drastic measures.
      The sodium is important because it plays some role in controlling the bad gut bacteria.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bitrunner

bitrunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/12015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tick bite
      @Billylongpockets you will know within the hour whether the salt water helps. If your tinnitus goes way when you poop, then you'll know it's due to bacteria overgrowth, and you will need to increase your Fiber intake, as well as starting to consume more prebiotics.

14. Billylongpockets

Billylongpockets Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/3/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      No it didn't go away.
      Hey Ho. I did try...
      Cheers Bud
      Billy

15. lena_

lena_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      if salt helps it makes sense to check thyroid function ;) just an idea..
      and i've read that tinnotus went away for some who fixed their thyroid function, those two can be linked, good luck

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bitrunner

bitrunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/12015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tick bite
    17. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      And you are $49.99 lighter

18. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Not sure why you ask this, @Tony Phylactou.

Am I missing something?

19. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      On the link you are giving they ask you to pay $49,99 to download that book forks over knifes..you try it.

20. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Oh, I see. Yes, I am aware of this @Tony Phylactou. I was adding the link for general interest only, and no I didn't spend a dime. When I saw the movie it was at a friend's home, he had bought it and invited a few us over to watch it with him. Once seeing the movie there was no reason to buy the book.

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bitrunner

bitrunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/12015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tick bite
      After watching this video, I would not eat wheat, corn or any other food product that gets treated with glyphosate. There are a whole lot of serious health issues associated with glyphosate, and I wouldn't be surprised if tinnitus were one of those issues. Ate just fifteen saltine crackers last night, and the tinnitus is back in force after a few days of relief. This video is rather technical, but Jeffrey Smith tries to convert scientific talk into layman's language.
      Link here
      The Health Dangers of Roundup glyphosate...

22. Michael Smith

Michael Smith Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/20/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, headache, and loud earphones
      I ate a supersized bag of chips(salty of course) yesterday. My ear canals started itching almost immediately. I'm pretty sure salt caused it. Oddly, I associate itching with healing, for example, like when scabs itch. Salt benefits nerve function so it makes sense why my senses went off.

I'm not sure that salt is a cure, but I'm sure it's a nutrient that is vital to T that needs to be balanced for a more calm day. The first thing I was told when I first experienced T was to increase my electrolyte intake.

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bitrunner

bitrunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/12015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tick bite
      Pretty sure that glyphosate laden wheat is the root cause of my Tinnitus.