EMF/RF and Tinnitus — Research and Discoveries

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, May 24, 2012.

1. Molan
      No Mood

Molan Member

Tinnitus Since:

Yeah I understand it could be abit of a hassle with all those cables if more then one person uses the net.

Absolutely I would disable Wi-fi and bluetooths on phones to reduce your exposure to these unnatural fields. I believe every little helps!

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I finally got more Aulterra Neutralizers and placed them on microwaves and other EMF components. I will place more on other components when I get more in the mail.

I have found that I am not physically affected by the cell phone or computer/wifi/cable stuff now. I realized I wasn't feeling so good after long periods in front of them, and am relieved I feel better. I am also taking the Aulterra powder for internal use to correct damaged DNA. My T is more consistent in the background - not annoying and very low. Before I would get good and bad days. I just may be hyper sensitive to EMFs.

I have also added other supplements that some would call alternative. I resonate with them. Harmonic Innerprizes makes some of them. You can check it out if you want. It is quite different and seems to be good stuff for me. They cost less at this site http://www.energeticnutrition.com/ They help the energies of the body, the DNA and cells; and use only the best ingredients and have scientific research to back them up.

I am taking the Charmae Rose tea extract to reduce toxins in my liver, kidneys and lungs. Good stuff! Gentle.

I also switched super foods greens to their brand (LifeSource). That is much better than your average super greens. My urine Ph is running steady in the balanced acid/alkaline measure. I am impressed. I was not able to keep the ph in the normal range all day. I would have to supplement with foods and additives to my water to keep out of the acid range.

This is not a commercial, but a journal of my progress. I hope soon to be able to say that the only crickets I hear are the crickets outside in the garden! ;)

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Calin --- Can't wait to hear more about your experiment on yourself, and I'll really be interested to know if reducing EMF's will help both your ringing and pulsating. Thanks for keeping us updated!

4. Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      Calin, I just found your post from last year and find it fascinating because I became electromagnetic sensitive at the same time I got my tinnitus so I always thought there was a link. But no one beleived me. Most thought I was crazy. I bought q-tape and put it in the house and all my remotes and cell phones so the electricity doesn't bother me as much but the T is still there. Any thought?
      I also was exposed to something, like Chinese tea/herbs which may have caused this to occur but I am not sure. DId this happen to you also?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      HI Cookie!

I have worn Q-link and other EMF protection products for years before T struck me exactly one year ago. At the time that happened, I had gotten new heavy duty Wifi equipment and was trying to identify what brought it on... just like we all are doing mostly.

When I added EMF protections 8-9 months ago to all of my equipment and building structure electrical systems, I did sense a difference. However, I still have T.

EMFs can cause certain kinds of tinnitus. That has been verified. But, whether one has developed T from EMFs exactly may be difficult to determine I think. Is it a physical manifestation due to hearing loss, a combination or something else? One just needs to start eliminating reasons by trial and error I think as well as medical screening.

Everyone should use some sort of EMF protection for reasons other than just tinnitus. Researchers are still finding ways to combat this unseen danger to our bodies. the Q-link products from years ago may not be strong or effective enough for the constant invasion of EMFs. That is my thought anyway! So... I added a different kind of science to my already use of Q-link.

What kind of herbs?

6. Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      I got wifi in June for my ipad and had T in Sept. Returned both of them. But T continues for a year. But my husband did not get T but became very sensitive to EMF and wear's protection. I went to a chinese acupunturist in Chinatown NY. I am not sure what herbs he gave me. Over 20 different kinds. My husband took them took. Then we started developing strange symptoms with hand and legs always falling asleep, eye lids twitching, etc/ He fought his off but I still get it. And the T. All this happened around the same time. We don't use a Q-link but wear another device. There are many on the market now. But it has helped and I am not so electric sensitive but still feel it when I am at the gym or on an airplane. I read a great book about it called Zapped by Ann Louise Gittleman. She talks about vitamins and herbs that can protect your body from EMFs.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Fish
      Balanced

Fish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2012
      While I don't think it's a direct cause of T, I believe it interferes with T in some way. As crazy as it sounds, one of 2 tones in my ears goes completely silent the same second I turn off my wi-fi router and reappears once I turned it back on. I always leave my router offline overnight. Maybe my router just creates a high pitched noise on it's own and I didn't notice it before (now I am more sensitive)? I don't know. I am yet to wear a tinfoil hat though... :)

• Like Like x 1
    8. Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      I bought the q-tape where I put it on everything that has a battery, remotes, cell phones, etc. and that has also helped.

9. rfd381

rfd381 Member

Morning..pumped to have found this website.
      -I have not been diagnosed with any ear issue.
      -my house has a power line along the back fence. This power line carries 72000kv of electricity.
      -My ears have been hearing a low pulsing hum, and i often feel pressure accompanied with the hum(pressure on inner ear)
      -I used a Gauss meter to check the levels of emf in our home
      - girls bedrooms are all 5-6 mg
      -kitchen is 3
      -entire house is above 2.5mg 24 hours a day
      -power company said they can't do anything and there is no problem with emf and health

We are having a very difficult time deciding on whether to move or not. I have 3 daughters and a wife and i am the only one that is feeling some symptoms.. and i don't want to uproot my family because i am a wimp when it comes to my ears.

Please help.

Thank you for your time,

James

• Like Like x 1
    10. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I don't buy into this whole EMF thing. The evidence on this is not that strong and mostly fear mongering. We are all constantly bombarded by EMFs from every direction. Where I live I am surrounded by at least 10 wifi connections. I have T, no one else around me does. Yes I have inquired. There would be no way to escape EMF unless you move out to the country somewhere.

Check this out: http://news.discovery.com/human/health/anti-wifi-activism-fear-mongering-130201.htm

11. rfd381

rfd381 Member

wifi connections and 72000kv power lines are a tad different

12. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
    13. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
    14. James Law

James Law Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Calin I also have tinnitus and I have a strange question since you think that your tinnitus is caused by EMF or RF radiation, have you ever examined your Urine to see if there were any abnormalities in the Urine that could be visually seen? I ask this because I also think my tinnitus which is a constant frequency both ears I hear fine btw, was caused by a sudden burst of either EMF or RF through the IPod I used at the time through looking at pictures of distant space and there are said to be frequencies swirling in many areas in space that are audible perhaps through my visual and physical connection with the LCD and electromagnetic connection (WiFi) or EMF, Somehow caused me to take some of this radiation from outerspace through the visual and physical connection or through the connected signals in the web just by looking at the pictures. That's when this constant frequency in my head that eventually ended up making my brain feel depressed because I think it's causing a gland in my brain to emit a chemical or chemicals that turned my Urine bright yellow (it gets dark orange in a bottle) and when my Urine hits the clear water in the toilet sink I can see waves of energy or it might be the chemical being produced from a gland in my body the noise I hear in my ears I am certain it is because of this change in my Urine and the waves or chemical or frequencies I see in it in clear water with the light turned on. Anyway just thought I'd mention it as this is what I literally was doing when suddenly I start hearing the noise in my ears as I am looking at pictures of outer space objects like the Sun which emits radiation and noise, perhaps I am electrostatically polluted by those harmful frequencies

15. James Law

James Law Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Has anyone tried Himalayen salt lamps that ionize the air, I read reviews it helped people with tinnitus that was caused by other things than typical noise induced damage to the the ears.

16. Dutchy
      Not worthy

Dutchy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neuronmodulation suggests noise induced?

So you're saying your T is louder at night than during the day?.I'm testing your hypothesis this very moment,my PC makes high frequency noises and i'm wondering if this is ONE of the causes of my T.

17. Dutchy
      Not worthy

Dutchy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm going to test something,not using my PC or laptop for a few days.I doubt that's going to work but who knows?>

18. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Has it ever been proven that EMF could affect a person?

19. Dutchy
      Not worthy

Dutchy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure about EMF itself,but my PC does affect my T,especially at night.Like my ears are really stressed which i can't seem to recreate with music.

20. mr_bellows
      Arsey

mr_bellows Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      get real - smart meters and cell phone towers
      @clain wrote : "Hmmm... turn off the wireless router. Never though of that."

I for one do not believe it is that simple - smart meters use wireless signals (EMF & RF) at much higher levels than any phone - they are always on and broadcasting. One can not simply 'turn it off'

If people start suing their municipalities and town councils 'en masse' for allowing the untested tech to be used on the general public - than that might help.
      _____
      NOTES:
      McMaster Uni Study says kids are getting tinnitus at much higher rates especially in the last ten years - since smart meter and cell phones became much more prolific.

The original creators of wireless tech (Britian) stated several times publicly that wireless towers should not be placed near schools, hospitals and certainly not inside peoples homes. And yet that is exactly where the "tele-comm's" have placed them.
      ____

So these off hand suggestions and recommendations like 'turn off your router' are basically comments that fail to address the larger issues which now represent the primary causes of the increase in Tinitus - even giving a false sense of hope to people.

If one accepts the science that tells us that 'noise pollution' leads to tinitus - saying 'loud music is the cause of Tinitus' or "turn off your wireless router" is how these industries defend themselves against lawsuits.

i say...BS!

21. Sonic17
      Wishful

Sonic17 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      Hello,
      I have had Tinnitus for nearly three months….constant and cannot understand the reason I have it (read my intro if you are really interested). But I wonder if an MRI could give someone Tinnitus, not just the loud noise of it, but I mean the electromagnetic fields that people are subject to during the exam. I was given an MRI in a 3.0 Tesla that was malfunctioning the day before my MRI was done. I do not know if anyone has heard of this, but could the magnetic fields of the MRI cause someone susceptible to get Tinnitus?

22. Cal18
      Nerdy

Cal18 Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2010 / 2016 Both SSRI Withdrawal and Mild Hearing Loss
      How long after the MRI did you get your tinnitus? Is your T buzzing in your head or just your ears?

23. Sonic17
      Wishful

Sonic17 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      The buzzing is in my head and ears…..mostly my head. It started two days after the MRI. Coincidence? I am not sure, considering the machine was down for repairs before I used it scares me.

24. Shiwa

Shiwa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Artificial sub-infrared light
      Yes, studies going back to as early as the 1930:s have proven this; i have a number of scientific books on this, one from 1968.

Most modern studies are orchestrated by telecommunications-industry et al, and are purposely designed with false methodology to fail this—they flood the literature with these fake studies, thereby claiming that most studies show no effect. There is more profit to be made from flooding the world with EMR than not (obviously), and this is no different to what tabacco companies did once.

Another ignoring is noise-pollution, especially from infrasound; infrasound is generated by explosions, hence from internal combustion-engines and jet-engines: this is the real cause of motionsickness, it affecting the inner ear. Another source of infrasound is from industrial windturbines, this caused from the wash from the turbine being disturbed passing the mast, hence behind the turbine. Electricity and light also cause infrasound; so electric motorvehicles contrary to what is claimed do have emissions, of electromagnetic fields, sub-infrared light generated by these electromagnetic fields, and infrasound.

Horses have emissions from their arses. :D