Enamel Building Toothpaste and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by eelmot, Aug 27, 2020.

1. eelmot

eelmot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This is just a hypothesis being thrown out.

For years, I have been using toothpaste that is advertised to add enamel to the surface of teeth.
      I usually brush my teeth just before I go to bed. Initially, in the night, I have a tendency to lay on my right side.
      That is the side I have tinnitus.
      The tube from inner ear to throat is the Eustachian tube.

What is to prevent these chemicals from going down this tube, and slowly adding to my inner ear, the three sections: the vestibule, the semicircular canals, and the cochlea?

I came up with this idea independently, and a google of toothpaste and tinnitus brought me to this website.

Additionally, after years of continued use, will the enamel repair appear on a tooth x-ray, as a darkening haze?

After using such a product, I had a dentist tell me I had a "subterranean" cavity and had to "fix it."
      I really believed he lied when he said he saw a problem when drilling. That is because the next time I visited with a similar darkening on another tooth, he asked if the enamel was still OK on that tooth, then took no action.

I just stopped using that type of toothpaste. I will be lucky if I have any tinnitus relief for years.
      It will take years to see if that "darkening haze" on x-rays on my teeth does not continue.

Arm & Hammer Complete Care Enamel Strengthening.

2. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      There is no such thing as adding enamel to the tooth! Once it’s gone it’s gone!
      And yes, dental decay looks as a dark shadow on X-ray and you can have decay under what seems to be a healthy enamel.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I also noticed a spike after using an enamel strengthening toothpaste. I studied the ingredients and to my horror discovered that one of the ingredients is ototoxic...

4. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Which one?

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It was a toothpaste made by Sensodyne. I bought three types. Two of them had the ototoxic ingredient. The only one that didn't have it was "Sensodyne Repair & Protect" that I still use now.

I threw away the ones with the ototoxic ingredient. All of these toothpastes have only two or three ingredients. When I searched for one of those ingredients on that ototoxic list that I always post, I could readily find it.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1