ENT Visit Today

Discussion in 'Support' started by demi, Dec 23, 2013.

1. demi
      No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      I went to the ENT today for a check up on something for my nose, and I ended up talking to him about my T. This was not the same ENT I went to that was a horrible doctor when I went when I first got T. He wants to me get another hearing test, and has be set up for one tomorrow. I am really nervous to go. I know audio tests can make T worse, but he wants me to go as soon as I can to start steroids if needed.

He also said yes technically T is not cure-able, but it can get better. He told me to go buy lipoflavinoids because it has helped other patients of his that suffer from T, and also to limit myself to 2000MG of sodium a day - at max.

• Useful Useful x 1
    2. Misery
      Happy

Misery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 26, 2013
      Hi @demi,

I had bad, crazy loud noise induced T 15+ years ago and it went away completely in months. It can fade so much as to not be noticeable or you habituate. I do believe mine just faded completely. I couldn't even near it when I listen for it.

3. 2014winner
      Inspired

2014winner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      otitis media with permanent hearing loss
      It is good that the tinnitus "faded completely." Did it recur?
      I have an ENT visit tomorrow-- reason: my eardrum was punctured the last time I received an intratympanic injection is the hypothesis. I may try the flavinoids.
      We have this support board, and for that I am grateful. I would be working were it not for this T. However, I have to make the best of it.

4. Misery
      Happy

Misery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 26, 2013
      Hi @2014winner,

Yes, I believe this time it was caused by an ear/sinus infection. My left ear (t ear) was full of fluid. But I hadn't heard any T in the 15 years in between. I do believe it will go away this time as well.

• Like Like x 1
    5. MistyByrd

MistyByrd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No hearing loss, no ear infection. CT is good. ENT don't know why I have tinnitus. No treatment plan. Ugh!