Ever-Increasing Tinnitus Likely from AIED — I Also Suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by xland, May 16, 2022.

1. xland

xland Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      AIED
      Hi all,

I have had loud tinnitus in my left ear, it has increased every month or so since November 2021.

Likely cause is AIED as I also suffer from psoriatic arthritis and have lost a number of joints in my hands and feet, e.g., toes and fingers.

My ENT said my symptoms are likely left over from labyrinthitis I suffered in October 2021, but the ear infection only lasted a few days or weeks, yet I've now had tinnitus for 6 months, along with crippling fatigue, vertigo and nausea and headaches. I sleep or lie down 14 to 16 hours per day currently.

Particularly interested to talk to anyone here with AIED, especially if they have fatigue, vertigo and other vestibular symptoms. I want to try Prednisone for a month to see how I respond, which should also be good for diagnosis of AIED. I already see a rheumatologist regularly so hopefully he can work with my doctor on this.

Regards,
      xland

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication - antidepressants
      Hi @xland,

Sorry for your situation. I have bad fatigue, but it is from ME/CFS. That, in itself, is very difficult.

Do you have any hearing loss? Have you thought about doing an MRI?

Best.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      xland

xland Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      AIED
      30% hearing loss in left ear.

Sitting in the waiting room for an MRI right now ;)