Exhaustion Brings Tinnitus Sounds to My Previously Quiet Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Misery, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Misery
      Happy

Misery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 26, 2013
      I'm throughly exhausted. I hardly slept for the past couple nights. My young daughter has been sick and my cat broke his leg so I've been tending to them. A couple hours ago I noticed a clicking (morse code type sound) in my previously quiet ear (right ear). I had these sounds in my left ear when the T started there over two months ago. I'm not certain what could have brought this on other than my utter exhaustion.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Misery
      Happy

Misery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 26, 2013
      I just wanted to share that the sounds in my right ear only lasted 24 hours (roughly). Once I finally felt well rested the T sounds were gone from that ear.

• Like Like x 1
    3. peter1974
      Balanced

peter1974 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      From my experience. My left ear suffers from tinnitus. However as the frequency gets higher it often feels it comes from the right. Because my tinnitus is driven by sounds if I ear protect the left ear and continue to pump sounds into the right the tinnitus goes away from the right to the left. I suspect high frequency noise is hard to pin out at some level..

4. Hendre Vlad
      Haunting

Hendre Vlad Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medicine , noise induced.
      Misery i have THE EXACT same problem :) ... I dont sleep so good the last days and the clicking sound is in my left ear..and the T in the right.

5. EddyLee
      Tolerant

EddyLee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      This happened to me too. My T started on left and only when i'm too busy or tired the right side will start to have some T and after i relax like take bath, listening to musics, brisk walk then my T at right ear will disappear. But recently i have a spike and these few days the T on my right ear has been going on intermittently. Hopefully it will disappear like it used to and i think we should be very careful of this to avoid T spreading to the other side permanently!

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Misery
      Happy

Misery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 26, 2013
      Thank you all for your posts. I had been out of town and didn't notice the replies. I find this all so strange. My right ear has been all quiet since getting good sleep.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Misery
      Happy

Misery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 26, 2013
      Update.... My right ear just began ringing. What the heck? No morse code type sound though, thankfully. I swear I'm just listening to all sorts of brain activity.

8. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Maybe its a reaction to stress? I find it helps me when I lie down with my hands and legs straight and try to feel completely relaxed. Of course maybe you have tried that already...btw how is your cats legs?

9. Smoogle
      Wishful

Smoogle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      T has a weird tendency to jump ship to the other ear sometimes, even when there's no damage involved.

For what it's worth, I get some pretty odd intermittent noises in my right ear sometimes. Unfortunately they've become a lot more frequent since my spike. Hope it settles down for you!

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Misery
      Happy

Misery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 26, 2013
      Thank you so much, @Stina.

My cat is doing better, thank you. I think you may be right that it's fatigue and/or stress related. I just got off the phone with City of Hope making arrangements to get my mom another medical consultation for her (possible) cancer.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Misery
      Happy

Misery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 26, 2013
      Thank you, @Smoogle. I hope yours settles too.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Misery
      Happy

Misery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 26, 2013
      It's so strange. This has happened before, but in my left ear. The ringing in my right ear just got very loud, then faded off into near silence. It's bothersome and fascinating. I'm just glad I find it interesting or else it would probably drive me batty.

13. Smoogle
      Wishful

Smoogle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      Hey, I've gotten that too! Weirdly enough, my left ear will drop in volume too when that happens. Doesn't last for more than a minute or two but when it does it's pretty close to silent. Spontaneous T gets me excited. :p

Except when it overstays it's welcome... :cautious: