Experience with Wine or Cannabis Edibles?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Alexiskaye, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Alexiskaye
      Alone

Alexiskaye Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/15/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High Frequency Hearing Loss
      Has anyone ever had a positive experience with either? Does wine help you calm down with your tinnitus? Also, has anyone ever tried a cannabis edible?

2. Charles_T
      Insomnious

Charles_T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity or Benzo Withdrawal
      @Alexiskaye Yeah I find drinking wine or beers helps calm me down in general which helps me feel a little bit better about the tinnitus in general, pass the time, and become distracted.
      Edibles can be intense with Tinnitus. Several times I have eaten 500mg edibles and the tinnitus seemed to become intensified and makes for a bad trip. I have heard others say it helps them though. I think everyone reacts a bit differently from weed so you never know until you try.

3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      At times I tend to drink 1+ glasses of merlot and it can be helpful. Drinking wine is also healthy. It all should be done in moderation and not in the extremes....

The merlot can at times melt my stress away, that's how it works for me. Everyone is different and may have different results :)

***It is up to you, if you want to drink it or not, I am not advising anything here :) ***

4. LisaH

LisaH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely an Ultrasonic Dental Cleaning
      I was looking for help with sleep, and I tried two glasses of wine (I'm a fair lightweight) last weekend. It affected me adversely, and I couldn't sleep at all due to the fear/panic that my tinnitus was now noticeably louder. A lot of people on this forum use alcohol to reduce their symptoms effectively, but it had the opposite effect for me. Best of luck!

5. Tammy Rowe

Tammy Rowe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Middle ear infection- otaglia
      I smoked weed for 35 yrs up until t. I tried to smoke just recently and it seemed to make it louder and got me paranoid. So I was thinking of edibles as well. If you do try them I would like to know what effect if any it had on you.

6. object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      overuse of hearing protection, plus noise
      thc edible will always spike my tinnitus, so i keep the dose very very tiny. i have been experimenting now with vaping of 30:1 cbd/thc strain of cannabis, to flood the brain with cbd, then followed by either vape of 1:1 cbd/thc or take tiny dose of thc edible. note that cbd is not absorbed hardly at all through the intestines, cbd is best absorbed via vape, or possible oromucosal tincture, but i feel vape is more dependable reliable. set your vape at 180C.

7. Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      Wine is good....3 whiskey sours are better. It calms my tinnitus down pretty good when it gets a little annoying.

8. dingaling
      Asleep

dingaling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, probably loud music
      Can't speak for cannabis edibles but a ++1 for wine (in moderation of course!). Find one that you like and stick with it