Eye Twitching/Pressure Behind Eye Connected to Tinnitus Spike?

Discussion in 'Support' started by T Toledo OH, Nov 4, 2020.

1. T Toledo OH

T Toledo OH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/26/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely loud noise and earbuds
      Does anyone else experience twitching or pressure behind their eye when having a tinnitus spike?

I have tinnitus in left ear only and my left eye gets these sensations.

I had sinus surgery 2 weeks ago. I'm wondering if this is sinus related and possibly still healing.

My surgery did not involve Eustachian tube so I was not expecting much improvement with the tinnitus.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      T Toledo OH

T Toledo OH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/26/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      An update to the above.

I finally went to a neurologist because my tinnitus seems to ramp up when I feel pressure on my head, behind my left eye (my tinnitus side) and I have dull headaches. My tinnitus is not pulsating. It is constant tea kettle.

Whenever I took Prednisone in the past, my tinnitus would disappear but come back worse during my taper.

I believe there is an inflammation factor that makes it worse sometimes.

I am set to get a lumbar puncture since my neurologist found indications of intracranial hypertension on my MRI. Hoping that if the puncture sample comes back positive that there may be meds that could reduce pressure and reduce my tinnitus. Here is hoping.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

• Like Like x 1
    3. DeanD

DeanD Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Mild since 1982 - then Severe Oct 2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Microsuction (Oct 2022)
      How did this go for you @T Toledo OH?

I am experiencing something similar.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      T Toledo OH

T Toledo OH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/26/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I was doing well for about 2 months but I am now dealing with a setback for the last 2 months. I am scheduled to get another lumbar puncture. Hopefully it will relieve more pressure and get me back on track to improving.

5. Audigo

Audigo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Hey @T Toledo OH, have you ever thought that your symptoms could be caused by Lyme disease?

Do you have other symptoms that could indicate neurologic Lyme?

6. atabbey

atabbey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I just read this post but I wanted to chime in. I also have headaches and eye fatigue/strain/pressure. So much so I got glasses to help me read when it's flared up. I've had MRIs and they don't see anything wrong sadly. But here's something weird that just happened to me...

I was standing in my kitchen heating up some chicken in the microwave. I have bright white light in my kitchen. I also have white cabinet doors. So I'm standing, staring at the cabinet doors (guess it was a long tiring day), and noticed my tinnitus was spiking every once in a while. My current tinnitus level was the usual (7/10). I then realized it was spiking in sync with the lightbulb flickering above my head. Faster than I could react. Perfectly in sync with my tinnitus?! It now 100% confirms that my tinnitus and eye issues are connected. Can anyone explain this?