Facing Foot Surgery and Local Nerve Block

Discussion in 'Support' started by Brooklyn NY, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Brooklyn NY

Brooklyn NY Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 5, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably pepto bismo and aspercreme
      Good afternoon, within 2-3 months, I will be facing foot surgery, which includes a local nerve block while surgery is being performed. I imagine this cannot be particularly good for a tinnitus sufferer, not to mention the pain killers needed afterwards. Does anyone have any experience in this sort of thing? Thanks very much.

2. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Can’t they just put you out with an anasthetic? A nerve block is super risky.

3. 3ri0w

3ri0w Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012, H 2016, 12/2018(?)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noises, ringing came back 12/2018 after 1year of silent
      Good question. Really goood question. I had foot surgery (broken tibia) but was given anesthesia. What was weird was that when I was given the anesthesia medication before the surgery my ears started ringing like a mofo. I did not remember this at all, the memory if this came like half a year later. But my ears started ringing and I was like oh phukk here it comes and I said to the hospital peoples that my ears are ringing sooo much. Then like a few seconds later I went out, I don't have ANY memory other than that lol. My ears didn't ring afterwards.

I wonder if one could wear ear plugs/muffs during the surgery? Possibly? I don't know at all like how the did the surgery, did they use like some kind of drills or anything, I don't know how loud it was, but I'm intrigued to know.

Dang good question my man

What's wrong with your leg if I can ask? Knee, shinbone, ankle, or whaatt? I hope it will cure your leg tho!!! Have you been in pain or anything right now if you are going to surgery?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brooklyn NY

Tinnitus Since:
      November 5, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, thanks for replying. I have advanced bunions on both feet, and I am reaching the point where only surgery will help, even though there are no guarantees with surgery. I have tried every trick to avoid surgery, but am running out of options. As for pain medication, my ent will only recommend Tylenol with codeine, which probably isn’t good enough.. thanks..

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brooklyn NY

Tinnitus Since:
      November 5, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, thanks for replying. How risky is a nerve block?