Fear, Anxiety, Depression — Once It Passes, Will Tinnitus Not Be as Loud?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Newbie, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Newbie
      Alienated

Newbie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Has any found that when the anxiety/fear/panic/depression of tinnitus passes, the sound won't be as loud?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to tinnitus talk.
      When you have gone through all that you have mentioned that alone is tough at first ,you will cope better with your tinnitus and even better with a good night sleep.
      There is help with all the unwanted emotions and panic and depression so don't suffer alone and ask for help from your doctor even counselling to help you as its a great support.
      This forum is a massive support too... lots of love glynis

3. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Well if you get past the anxiety/fear/panic/depression stage, you got four things less to worry about.
      Tinnitus will still suck a bit though, unless it's actually caused by the aforementioned feelings - in that case, it might actually fade into the background or hopefully silence.

4. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      5 months for me now. Still depressed, anxiety has eased but I still wake up with a panic attack.

T still there, it's reactive so hard too tell how how loud it is, sometimes it's louder than traffic and other times it's almost gone, ears still feel kicked in, balance still off.

2016 hasn't exactly been great.

• Like Like x 1
    5. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      10 monthes in for me cant say the volume has decreased but I get busy and it fades into the background more and more. I try to stay busy and workout at the gym to reduce stress and play nature sounds at night to sleep. Still take xanax mild dose three times a day but I am coping better every month. I think after so much time goes by your brain just gets use to it and it doesnt upset you anymore or at least less frequently.. You hibituate over time......

6. whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Myofascial crap Bruxism, a jackhammer, stress who knows
      My neighbor has T and he said his anxiety/fear/panic/depression ended in his second year, and he is now on year 5 and has mostly habituated. He used a notch app to help him so I'm going to give that a try. I just can't find my frequency?

7. whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Myofascial crap Bruxism, a jackhammer, stress who knows
      same for me. 2016 has been a low point. Got, T and H and TMJ, had to get detoxed off benzos. I'm surpised my wife didn't leave my ass. Ironically my panic attacks stopped shortly after I was clean off benzos.

8. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hey, @whale, it took me a solid year to feel even halfway like my old self -- and I was working hard at it, between doing cognitive behavioral therapy, a sound therapy program, etc. But yes, the fear/anxiety/panic (for some reason, I never got the depression) indeed faded and (with the exception of some mild anxiety flares) are pretty much gone.

Tinnitus still is loud and some days is as annoying as hell, not to mention exhausting. But its survivable now. For my first year, really wondered if it would be. So hang in there.