Feeling a Setback

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dij111, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Dij111
      Paranoid

Dij111 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure(Fire Alarm, Headphone Usage)
      Hi everyone,

Just wanted to get this off my chest, really frustrated and don't know how to deal with it anymore.

My tinnitus is reactive, this day was going well so far, night arrived and I came to the living room, turned tv up to volume 6 (very low) and turned on the AC.

Now my tinnitus ear began ringing louder but I ignored it like I do throughout the day mostly.
      I closed my eyes for an hour or so and my tinnitus was ringing so loud it was hurting my ear, I feel ear fatigue and pain from it now.

There was definitely no ear damaging volume in the room, AC was the loudest and that really is not loud.

Is it my brain playing tricks on me due to my hyperacusis or is this bad for me???

Volume is subsiding now but it feels like I ruined my progress with something so miniscule.

Making me miserable and I can't fall asleep now :(

2. Ambassador
      Cool

Ambassador Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss and lifetime noise exposure
      I go through these ups and downs as well and never know why, I think most of us do. It should resolve for you but in the meantime the stress this can cause is as much a trigger as a loud noise.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dij111
      Paranoid

Dij111 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure(Fire Alarm, Headphone Usage)
      It has calmed down to sleep-able levels now...

I am very worried I ruined a lot of progress though :(

It's frustrating that I can listen to my PC speakers at a normal volume throughout the day, but some sounds (I think the AC was the trigger) spike it up really badly all of a sudden.