Feeling Bummed, Got Concert Tickets as a Gift and Can't Attend Because of Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Holly1987, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Holly1987

Holly1987 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Today a good friend surprised me with premium tickets to the Mumford and Sons concert in January. They are my favorite band of all time, it was such a thoughtful and generous gift.

It was extremely awkward and sad having to tell her that I would not be able to attend, the tickets are right up the front so there is absolutely no way I could go. She was disappointed but also very understanding and is going to try and sell them (they were so expensive :()

I know this is a really petty first world thing to be upset about, it feels very self indulgent writing this rant but right now I just really fucking hate tinnitus. I'm so sad, it's taken so much from me.

Tomorrow will be better but right now it just really sucks.

Thanks for listening guys xx

• Hug Hug x 7
    2. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Depending on how bad your tinnitus is you could maybe combine ear plugs with ear muffs to get maximum hearing protection. Even taking an otoprotective supplement like curcumin could help.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Holly1987

Holly1987 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for the suggestions @Zeneth. I considered taking ear muffs but decided it was too risky. I would regret it for the rest of my life if it made my tinnitus worse.

4. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      I completely understand. I'd still recommend looking into ciurcumin, there are a few threads on it here.
      Anything that can possibly prevent tinnitus from getting worse could be a blessing. I take 6000mg daily.

• Like Like x 1
    5. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      I get bummed out every time new Radiohead album comes out because I cant listen to speakers. I pathetically still by the vinyl just to look at it and hold it, hoping I can listen to it one day. F...M...L...

• Hug Hug x 4
    6. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      @Holly1987 @another sean

I know just how you guys feel.
      Listening to music has literally been my life
      Radiohead rock by the way :cool: seen them live a couple fo times too - they are fairly quiet these days:headphone:
      You will get back to listening to music. Just tell yourself that and it WILL happen.
      I managed it after Two years...by keeping it quiet and ONLY from speakers. I crank up the Bass as it irritates me less.
      I am not going to let this horrible thing spoil my life.
      I have purposely bought gig tickets for Madness, The Specials, Manic Street Preachers and Muse all coming up in the next Twelve months.
      Will be using musician earplugs, Vodka and praying...if it all goes wrong at least I will be smiling.
      I hope things improve for you both, don't out a time scale on it and stay calm X

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      Can she exchange the tickets for up in the sky seats? And you wear musician ear plugs. I'm no music person, just thinking of another option, maybe you can go.

8. Rajin

Rajin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      9/7/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ,noise
      It does Holly, it's ok to feel bad. Tinnitus is life changing, not concerts alone but almost everything.

• Agree Agree x 1