Feeling of Fluid in Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by serendipity1996, Nov 16, 2016.

1. serendipity1996
      No Mood

serendipity1996 Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 - T, 2016- H, relapsed 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise-induced
      Hi everyone,

My hearing issues have worsened significantly over the past couple of months - I have had T for the past 4 years or so with no problems since it has always been so mild but all of a sudden things have got so much worse and I have been experiencing hyperacusis, distortion, constant clogged feeling and pressure, irritation and tingling.

My ears are really sensitive at the moment and constantly feel like they are full of fluid - I have had my ears checked out multiple times and also today and there is no fluid or physical blockages but I am stuck with this odd sensation. It flares up around noise and even the moderate level background music playing at my GP surgery was enough to irritate them and cause this feeling.

Does anyone else get this? Is it just symptomatic of hearing damage?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It's how your body reacts to the decreased sound threshold...your tolerance to sound probably has decreased. This sensation died down after a month for me. My ears felt full of fluid, every noise hurts, and I could barely hear myself talk. Or you might just have A upcoming cold or allergies. Try taking an anti histamine pill to see if that works.

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. T-Hater

T-Hater Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad Genetics/Loud muisc
      Hey brother im sort of in the same boat, except now my right ear reacts to any noise, even when i touch my left ear it makes a ring.
      Brother listen here when or if we get through this ordeal we must get our voices heard ON A MAINSTREAM LEVEL. These issues i promise you wouldnt even been that bad if OUR TINNITUS DIDNT EXIST. smh.

anyway sorry for the rant, but back to your question yeah i dont understand why my ears are now so sensitive to noise

4. T-Hater

T-Hater Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad Genetics/Loud muisc
      hey quick question, did your ear/ tinnitus wind up/ react to whenever you heard a noise to and then disappear after that noise ceased?
      and if so did it go away and resolve by itself?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      serendipity1996
      No Mood

serendipity1996 Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 - T, 2016- H, relapsed 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise-induced
      I think our ears are so sensitive now because our auditory system has suffered a trauma. Yeah, there is so little awareness of tinnitus it sucks :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. T-Hater

T-Hater Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad Genetics/Loud muisc
      does the trauma die down Oh crap just as im typing my right ear just got deaf.
      it was fleeting tinnitus smh lol. but back to wat i was saying will the sensitive thing go away. jesus. i hate this reactive sensitive crap.

BUT I BLAME MYSELF FOR NOT GOING OUT AND SPREADING AWARENESS WHICH IS SOMETHING I
      NO SCRATCH THAT WE ALL ARE GONNA HAVE TO START DOING NOW. we just cant sit around and hope things get better no more. tinnitus is unpredictable and im just starting to realize that.

7. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes, every sound was painful. The sound of running water made my ears whistle and hurt. The sound of my teacher's voice hurts. The worst sound ever was the sound of bad brakes trying to stop. My T always raged but it settled down after the noise stopped. However this was temporarily and went away in a month.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. T-Hater

T-Hater Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad Genetics/Loud muisc
      OH THANK FCKING JESUS OH MAN OH MAN THANKS.

Bro im serious after this Reactive crap goes away Im Going outside this website and will be spreading more awareness and campaigning. im sorry bro but we just got to.

Theres no way none of us should have to deal with this. cause when i think about it all our issues get exacerbated cause of the tinnitus. so yeah and thanks for telling me that.