Feeling of Muscle Tension on Face and Around Ears

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sen, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno
      Yes I'm well aware of TMJD. There is no widely accepted treatment, and evidence supporting any given treatment is sparse and shaky. Not only this, but TMJD treatments are expensive as all hell and I have no money or insurance, so I have to put anything I try on credit, which could leave me in a lot of debt without making any progress, or potentially making it worse.

I also cannot get an MRI to determine if my TMJ disks are displaced or not, because the scan requires you to keep your mouth open, which reduces the effectiveness of hearing protection (the sound goes through your mouth into your ears).

It is not an easy situation to tackle.

3. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      My H seems to be turning into a bad case of recruitment. I had severe H, then there was a period of improvement, and last year my hearing worsened after being accidentally exposed to objectively loud noise several times. Basically there has been a lot more noise around and it was impossible to avoid it all the time.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno
      The symptoms became too unbearable and I have reinstated to 3mg of diazepam.

I'll seek TMJD treatment, but I'm not expecting any real solutions. My future looks to be one of permanent benzodiazepine dependence.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno
      I decided against reinstatement. I went back up to 2mg for that one night, but the past 2 days I've been back on 1.5mg per day. I've actually been feeling a little better, so I hope this keeps up. My facial symptoms were incredibly intense for the past 2 weeks, but over the past 2 days they seem like they might be getting a little better. Maybe it's just withdrawal after all.

6. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I imagine you have tried physiotherapy. It could help as well.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno
      I haven't, actually. Pickings are slim for good clinicians in my area. On top of that, money is tight. And by "tight", I mean virtually non-existent.

8. Ajqubaisi

Ajqubaisi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3 months ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I know this is an old post but I’ve been suffering the exact same symptoms as “Sen” the original poster.

I would really appreciate if anyone lets me know or has any solutions to this horrible problem.

9. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
    10. fran dana
      No Mood

fran dana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      origin unknow.2016 get worse because of work in armament lab

I also have muscle tension in my face, bruxism and therefore TMJ. I think it would be interesting to try osteopathy or acupuncture