Fell on My Head — Next Day Noticed TMJ and Sternocleidomastoid Were Swollen

Discussion in 'Support' started by travisr, Jan 13, 2020.

?

If your tinnitus was caused by a whiplash/concussion, has your tinnitus improved over time?

1. Yes, I no longer have tinnitus

2. Yes, my tinnitus has improved a lot

3. Yes, my tinnitus has improved a little

4. No, my tinnitus not improved

5. No, my tinnitus has gotten a lot worse

6. No, my tinnitus has gotten a little worse

7. My tinnitus was not caused by a whiplash/concussion

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. travisr

travisr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/24/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion/whiplash or TMJ or both. . .
      So it has been a rough couple of months, my mother had a cerebellar stroke Nov 15, 2019. I was visiting her in the ARC (Acute Rehab Center) on Dec 24th, 2019.

I just recently started taking BP meds and I got up too fast Syncope episode which is just fancy for I passed out.

I remember the last thought I had was, I need to sit down. Then I remember waking up with one of my mothers nurses above me. She said she heard the crash and ran right in.

Luckily I was already at the hospital and she was able to wheel me in a wheelchair to the ER, where they ran everything on me. Lab tests, CT scan, EKG, everything came back fine.

I didn't notice it at the time but the next day my jaw area around my TMJ started to hurt, that pain has subsided. I still here clicking when I open my mouth wide, no pain anymore. My sternocleidomastoid (fancy for neck muscles) are not sore anymore either. This has been 21 days since my fall and I still have the pesky high pitch weeeeee sound in my ear/head.

It's difficult to say what the tinnitus came from, either concussion, whiplash, TMJ, or sternocleidomastoid swelling etc.

I have been to the ENT and I have really good hearing apparently.

I am currently seeing a chiroprachter and he is using an MLS cold laser to help with swelling. The TMJ seems to be getting better, I am hoping to hear simmilar stories with positive results. I will take either though, I just would like to know what to expect because the tinnitus is driving me crazy.

How much hope should I have? Has anyone had tinnitus go away after having it 24/7 for 3 weeks?

Thanks everyone!!

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      travisr

travisr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/24/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion/whiplash or TMJ or both. . .
      ????