Felt Like I Really Messed Up

Discussion in 'Support' started by ibzguitrguy, Jul 27, 2015.

1. ibzguitrguy

ibzguitrguy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      So 2 days ago, I was at a convention here in my hometown. The over all volume at this place was nothing bad, you could hear each other and it wasn't uncomfortable. Afterwards, I went with some friends to a bar/restaurant to get something to eat. At some point the music's volume was put up pretty loud, and before doing much more, I left for a 5-10 minute break. After that I returned for a bit to see if it was still loud, it was so I left. When I came back, they seemed to had lowered it, so I stayed for a while 30-45 minutes. I had earplugs but wanted to continue talking with the people I was with, but now I'm realizing the mistake. I woke up yesterday with stuffy ears and sensitivity in my right ear. To be safe I avoided most noise and music during that day, but here I am 2 days later with that same stuffiness and louder ringing in my ears. I've had tinnitus for a long time, and have played it safe, but feel like every now and then I do something stupid like this because of the situation. Do you think its a permanent increase, or maybe just a temporary flair? I feel terrible right now, I'm so damn stupid, I never go out, and when I finally do and talk to people, I allow my tinnitus to worsen.

2. Ann C.

Ann C. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      I'm new to this site and to tinnitus, but from everything I've read here, I suspect your spike will be temporary. The best advice I keep reading here is "don't panic."

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ibzguitrguy

ibzguitrguy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Thank you for the support, I am fairly good at not freaking out over my T, but I think that's why I'm so lax and end up in these situations in the first place. During the weekend there were a few times I wore my earplugs, but I think this is one time I should have when I shouldn't. Still, with the breaks and all, I think I might be alright, but only time will tell.

• Agree Agree x 1