Finally Got My Drugs (Mometasone Furoate and Cetirizine Hydrochloride) — Scared to Take Them...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Clark, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Clark
      Thinking

Clark Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/24/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Clogged ears cause by earwax buildup
      Hello again, I hope you guys are doing good.

I went to my local pharmacy today and picked up these two drugs that was prescribed by my GP. It's called Mometasone Furoate (nasal spray) and Cetirizine Hydrochloride (tablet).

Doc said I may have fluid in my ear, and these things is supposed to help me open up my Eustachian tube, however I kinda doubt it because he uses the word "maybe" and I know that is telling me something, instinct I guess.

My tinnitus is quite on the low right now and I don't want to mess things up, till I get my appointment to the ENT.

So yeah that's where I'm in right now and I'd love to hear what you guys think about my situation, should I just take it anyway or leave it till I get a confirmation from the ENT?

• Like Like x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It sounds like he's treating you for sinus and allergies.
      I use a spray and antihistamines so I think if you try them you can tell ENT how they are working.
      Love glynis

3. Mellow7

Mellow7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I took the exact same nasal spray for two weeks a while ago, which was prescribed by my ENT. She also guessed that there might be fluid behind the ears because I was complaining about a clogged feeling in the ears. It did not cause a spike or anything of the sort, but I must say it made me even more anxious than usual. It must be the steroids that are in it. I did combine this spray with Prednisolone for about a week, so that may have been a relevant factor as well... Take care.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Clark
      Thinking

Clark Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/24/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      my main problem is that i do not have any allergies whatsoever, i dont have any sinus issues at all either as i havent gotten any flu for like 8 years or so. im just scared about the stories of people having spike after taking them you know, but i think ill give it a try, thanks

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Clark
      Thinking

Clark Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/24/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      i was wondering if i had fluid in my ears too but im confused about the symptoms, i wish its easier to determine so i can just take whatever meds it is i have to take. i just hope that if i ever take this, no spike will happen as im finally getting used to this damn thing. dont know if i have to take prednisolone to make things better but i heard a lot of good things about it. Thanks

6. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      You probably have ETD. What your doctor has prescribed sounds corect.

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Clark
      Thinking

Clark Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/24/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Now that you point it out, i kinda feel this pressure in my ear, feels full or something. then whenever i tilt my head it feels like something is moving inside. ill probably start taking them before it becomes a problem

8. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Can you pop your ears gentley if you hold ur nose and blow?

What your doctor has given you seems to be the most logical drugs to help.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Clark
      Thinking

Clark Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/24/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You dont mean the valsalva maneuver eh? Yes i can however it takes time for them to pop, my left ear which is free of T pops up right away while the right ear takes time to open up. I didnt take the meds right away cause he feels unsure about whats going on, plus the side effects ive seen in forums when taking them.

10. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If you're unsure about the drugs, you should speak with your doctor or get another opinion from another doctor. The forums are not the best place to get medical advice! :) I wish you luck!

11. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      If you can do this, does it mean you have sinus or fluid in your ears? My ears are always wet and fluidy but I wouldn't think it'd be the cause of tinnitus??

12. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      When using the spray, look down at the floor and squirt it towards the back of your head, not towards the throat. After spraying, hold your nose and blow to push the spray into your nose cavity. Obviously not too hard, but so you hear your ear pop.
      Don't hold your breath though. The spray Wong cause any problems, but it probably won't help either. Good luck though,

13. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nope. You should be able to pop your ears gently.

14. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      Interesting. I'm not able to do this and when it does work it takes me ears forever to re calibrate

15. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      And ENT would tell you why but it’s likely ETD. Try a nasal spray to see if it helps

16. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      Thanks you
      I've been on Mometesone as well for about a 2 months, unfortunately it takes forever to see an ENT in Canada