Finally Peace of Mind

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Anthonyr, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Anthonyr
      Wtf

Anthonyr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi guys. Just wanted to share for you a success story as I know how terrified I was after the onset of tinnitus. You can check my history to see for yourself. I thought my life was pretty much over after all I could hear was loud hissing one night. I turned suicidal. I could not think straight and my whole life was in a mess.

Things started to turn around once I found this video:
      MOST POWERFUL TINNITUS SOUND THERAPY 1...

It perfectly matched my tinnitus and although I traded the noise in my head for the exact same noise now played on my phone. I could play it at a low volume and my tinnitus would still be masked. I can not put it into words how much it helped and having that break from the noise really saved my sanity.

I've had small set backs here and there since. But, with the help of that video and a new attitude of not letting anything get to me. I have managed to find a new well paying job, a beautiful girlfriend and just a happier life in general.

Now that the anxiety is not with me and my body is not constantly in fight or flight mode. I can honestly say that I barely hear my tinnitus anymore. I have gone 5 months now without even thinking about it. I only remembered it was there today. Because a video about tinnitus dropped in my YouTube recommendations.

Although, every individual case is different. Basically what I am trying to say is that this doesn't have to be a life sentence. Get healthier, practice meditation, use sound therapy and do everything possible to rid yourself of anxiety. You'll be amazed at the results. It's not a cure. But, It worked wonders for me and could do for you too.

• Like Like x 5
      • Winner Winner x 3
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. MarkX

MarkX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      That is great. How loud would you say it is on a scale of 1 to 10? Is yours somatic meaning you can increase the sound by moving your neck all the way left or right or by opening your jaw all the way?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. Lurius
      Sad

Lurius Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Valsalva maneuver
      Wow, I just have to say, this thing perfectly matches my tinnitus as well! 100% match! I think I'm going to experiment a bit with this!

• Like Like x 1
    4. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This is great.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      I am sorry I find the sound of this video disturbing.Anyway I am glad it worked for you.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Anthonyr
      Wtf

Anthonyr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well, that's the sound of my tinnitus unfortunately :ROFL:. If it doesn't mask or sound similar to your own tinnitus. Then, It's probably not the right sound therapy for you to be honest.

7. Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Sounds the same as mine, minus the beep boop bop. I still hate to listen to it. Don't ask me why. Anyway, congrats. I love success stories.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    8. MarkX

MarkX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      A 1 or a 2 level would be great. How long did it take to get that low from when you first got it? When you say that you have gone 5 months without thinking about it, does that mean you don't mask it at all or use any masking at night to sleep either? Tinnitus is just completely out of your mind?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Anthonyr
      Wtf

Anthonyr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes, no masking. No nothing. I'm just how I was before I had tinnitus. It's definitely still there. But, It's as if my brain has just shut out the noise.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    10. Piney

Piney Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shingles virus
      I wish they could take all the beeping out

11. Raggs
      Amazed

Raggs Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Thanks for sharing the sound therapy video..it gives me relief. It's so weird, b/c yes, it's another noise, almost the same noise, but the sound feels like it is just coming from my device and not from inside my head which calms me down. It's not so "icy". Hard to explain. Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    12. Mal58

Mal58 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise? Headphones?
      Maybe the beeping is there to distract you from focusing on the tinnitus? Seems to have that effect on me a least. But it make it difficult to do anything else, like reading, or writing this cif! Still, at first listen this "masking + distraction" effect seems to have some promise.

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. lcj

lcj Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      medication
      @Anthonyr Did you play this sound therapy through speakers or headphones? And how long did you listen to it at night or during the day?

Curious because you are the second person who said their t greatly reduced after using this video continuously.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Anthonyr
      Wtf

Anthonyr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I would play it from my phone. Usually put it on a nearby shelf at a low volume. Just enough to mask my tinnitus. There wasn't really a set pattern I would use. It was more of a case that I'd listen to it whenever I needed it to be honest. Whether that was night or day. Sometimes for 10 minutes and then other times for much longer.

Once I found a way that I could escape the sound in my head. My anxiety drastically reduced and so did the noise or atleast my brain seeing it as a huge threat. Now I go weeks without noticing it.

• Like Like x 1
    15. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      So for sound therapy does a sound exactly matching your own tinnitus have to be used? And does it have to be playing at the same level or lower than the tinnitus?

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Anthonyr
      Wtf

Anthonyr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Speaking from my own experience. The sound from that video is identical to my tinnitus and having it on a the lowest volume possible that still masks your tinnitus is ideal. Don't think it will work if you are hearing a different noise. But, I'm sure there are other sound therapies out there you can try.