Finally Went to the Doctors... Earwax Blockage. Is Olive Oil Okay to Use to Soften Up Earwax?

Discussion in 'Support' started by josho771, Aug 14, 2017.

1. josho771

josho771 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Well I went to the doctors and I have really blocked ears full with wax oops (don't clean my ears enough) and she said that's what's causing a ringing in my ear and this also happened to my dad half a year ago and when the wax got removed his ear stopped ringing.

Anyways will olive oil be okay to use?

Like 2 or 3 drops a day like the doctor said for about a week and the wax should soften up.

So yeah the question is basically is olive oil alright and a good thing to use?

Thanks.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Yes,needs to be from the chemist with a small dropper provided.
      Love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. walkthroughwalls

walkthroughwalls Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I don't think having excess wax is the result of you not cleaning your ears. It either happens or it doesn't. Poking around with q-tips is not good and can cause a blockage of wax by pushing the wax further into the ear.

I used regular olive oil for cooking a couple of nights before syringing and that wasn't a problem. The idea was also to soften the wax to make syringing easier, but chances are that if you use it for seven nights that the wax will be so soft that syringing will hardly be necessary.

4. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      • Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      josho771

josho771 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      @walkthroughwalls well my doctor told me to do it for a week? And yes my block ears was caused by q tips

6. walkthroughwalls

walkthroughwalls Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm guessing that a week is overkill, but it probably won't cause any harm either.

• Like Like x 1