Firetruck Siren

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bart, Jul 26, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Bart
      Balanced

Bart Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/06/2014
      Another day, another noise exposure, looks like they are out to get me !

I was just getting out of my car when a firetruck surprised me by putting on his siren maybe 8 to 10 meters away from me, i reacted fast by plugging my ears with my fingers but was exposed to it for like 2 secs, maybe more.

Needless to say i was quite in shock after that, probably because i was caught unaware and i read that those sirens can get up to 110-130 Db's !

My t does not seem any louder though but what do you guys think about this ? Any similar experiences, and is it a risk to our ears ?

Thanks !

2. Evian

Evian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Not great on decibels but I think it's a good sign that nothing has happened to your T. I would forget about it as sounds like it didn't do any further damage

3. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      I'm always aware of fire trucks police cars ambulances. Which give of that ear piercing sound. It's hands over ears as soon as I here these sounds coming.

4. erik
      Breezy

erik Manager Staff Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      You will be fine. Exposure even super loud 110db needs way more than 2 seconds to do any harm

5. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Hard to say, it's individual and stats on the internet don't apply to everyone. After all it's you who must decide - take it easy or try some measures. I'm the panicking one, so I like to pop sth like NAC in case I have doubts after similar accidents, but it's most probably an overkill. Not prednisone, but some NAC, magnesium, vitamins and silence.