First Post, Am Looking for Advice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Adam V., Aug 23, 2016.

1. Adam V.

Adam V. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nerve Damage/Subluxation
      To start I became deaf in my right ear at a a young age for because my mother relied on seizure medications from severe head trauma. (I Was a high risk baby)

If I had T I never noticed it until about a little over a year ok whenI noticed a dull pain in the back left side of my head accompanied by a dull ache in my left ear with fullness in the same ear which I kind of ignored because nothing was very severe. Over time the symptoms have got worse and about a month ago I noticed I couldn't hear myself as well but could her sounds outside of my own speech fine. Now I have a constant headache, loud multi tonal tinnitus, ear pain, fullness in my ear, tightness in my neck/underneath my ear and severe depression.

I've had an MRI and CT done and everything was negative. And my Primary Care told me physical therapy would fix it. Which I've been doing as of 3 weeks. My ENT was not the least bit supportive and told me to live with it.
      My only help has been a chiropractor who said I have sever subluxation in my neck/back. He told me he thinks my nerves are being pinched and its leading to the pain in my head and tightness in neck and I have been going to that also for 3 weeks.

I Have experienced no help with these treatment but I also understand it's very early to give up. But I feel like I'm in a hole I can't climb out of and am in desperate need of help or advice.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      Ihope you are coping a little better and getting support for your sever depression as that alone is hard to deal with and will improve with lots of support.
      Sound therapy can help tinnitus and playing it through the night set below your tinnitus can help train your brains natural filter not to focus on your tinnitus ....lots of love glynis