Fleeting Tinnitus That Is Not a Pure Tone?

Discussion in 'Support' started by hans799, Jan 2, 2019.

1. CC99

CC99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I’ve had the same thing twice. It sounds like a low static in my ear, I was afraid I was going to start hearing voices or something but then it fades away after 20-30 seconds. It happens in my left ear but what’s weird is when it happens my right ear will usually get a usual low tinnitus ring at the same time.

Also I have the SAME thing you do, where when I hold my nose and blow only one ear fills up with air. The other one doesn’t fill up with air at all!

Did you ever figure out what it was or did anything else come of it? I’ve been worried I’m becoming psychotic or something even though it’s obviously an illogical thought and my doctor says that’s unlikely to be the case.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      I'm all fine. Still getting fleeting tinnitus pretty regularly (several times a week). Mostly it is just the usual pure tone that fades completely, but sometimes I get a longer-lasting residue (longest was a whole 24 hours long I think). Sometimes it's even weirder: the residue is quiet, but when I plug my ears, it comes back for a second, and then fades again.

And sometimes it's not a pure tone but this deeper thing I posted this thread about.

However, every single one of these episodes has faded completely. I've learned to not be afraid of them. Neither should you. Fleeting tinnitus is benign.