Fluctuating Hearing Loss

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jkph75, Nov 23, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have a fluctuating hearing loss. It fluctuates across all of the frequencies. I am not talking about the normal test retest fluctuation. of 10db or less. Mine fluctuates 15-20db at times in random frequencies but never leaves the normal range in any frequency. I have seen several drs. They have all said that this is not typical for any ear disease. Some even said that they have never seen this.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience. I know it's not likely but I just thought I would throw it out there. Thanks

2. MrBonk

MrBonk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/Insane sinus congestion/TMJ/mold allergy/dog bark??????
      I feel like this has happened to me.
      In the first two months, a few days after having taken Azithromycin(Which I had numerous other side effects from), randomly I had a loud fleeting T moment with quite a bit of pressure. First time, felt fine afterward. 2nd time, poof felt like some frequencies in my right ear disappeared somewhere in the 6-10khz range.
      A few days later, same thing happened in my left ear. And then it felt like the hearing levels equalized and stuff sounded the same. But still less bright than it used to.

I had that happen a few more times until things seemed to get better. Though now after testing, my right ear has a few db more loss at 8khz than my left ear. They are both within 10dB but the difference is noticeable (I've got a trained ear from audio work.) and sometimes feels like it gets worse somehow for small periods of time.

6 months ago, things were totally fine, am almost completely certain I didn't have the same dips at 8khz . I have no idea what happened. I keep wanting to feel it was the Azithromycin that did the damage, but a few weeks prior I crashed an ATV and might have hit my head. I could see that being responsible for the T maybe. But delayed hearing loss?

3. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @MrBonk

Thanks for responding. I don't really notice my hearing fluctuating. I only know that it is from my hearing tests. You should have an MRI. Something more serious than tinnitus could have happened during your accident. If not you could see a chiropractor. Perhaps you have whiplash from the accident.

• Like Like x 1