Folbee Plus, Prescribed Folic Acid — Now Have a Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by Leah, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Took B vitamins and thiamine and now have a loud spike! Was prescribed by my doc after a physical.

Anyone have any info thanks!

2. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @Leah,...I just got this off of the webmd.com website:

Folbee
      GENERIC NAME(S): Folic Acid-Vit B6-Vit B12

Uses
      This combination of vitamins provides vitamin B-6, vitamin B-12 and folic acid to people who do not have enough of these vitamins for good health.

How to use Folbee
      Take this medication by mouth with or without food, usually once daily or as directed by your doctor. If stomach upset occurs, it may help to take this product with food.

Use this medication regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, use it at the same time each day. The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to therapy.

What conditions does Folbee treat?

Side Effects
      Nausea, stomach upset, diarrhea, drowsiness, flushing, and numbness/tingling may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly.

If your doctor has prescribed this medication, remember that he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.

Tell your doctor right away if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: mental/mood changes, unusual weakness.

A very serious allergic reaction to this product is unlikely, but seek immediate medical attention if it occurs. Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction may include: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.

This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

@Leah,...I don't know if you're on any prescription meds. If you are, here's a list of possible drug interactions:

Interactions
      Does Folbee interact with other medications?
      Folbee may interact with the following medications:
      Severe Interactions of Folbee:

These medications are not usually taken together. Consult your healthcare professional (e.g., doctor or pharmacist) for more in formation.

Moderate Interactions of Folbee:
      These medications may cause some risk when taken together. Consult your healthcare professional (e.g., doctor or pharmacist) for more in formation.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Thanks so much... you are so kind. I am on meds but none listed.

• Like Like x 1