Foods Against Anxiety

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by John_415, Jul 18, 2018.

1. John_415

John_415 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hey all,
      I have been bothered by heavy anxiety which in turn gives me more tinnitus noise.

What I am looking for are foods that help against anxiety that I could supplement with or take for example at breakfast every day to curb the anxiety during the day.

Popular vitamins I found online are B-vitamin complex and Magnesium which I both take. If anyone has some good suggestions that would be great.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      I read that turkey works well for anxiety and depression.
      Or if you are looking for a mental fix. Desserts.....will make you happy which will reduce the anxiety.

3. Ambassador
      Cool

Ambassador Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss and lifetime noise exposure
      This is an area I spend a lot of time researching and I find drinking tea, at least two cups a day seem to help me. The most talked about is green tea but there are those who believe, I am one, that regular black tea works just as good.
      I also find if I skip a meal my anxiety begins to creep in.

4. kelpiemsp
      Swamped

kelpiemsp Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      birth/ recent spike 2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Born with ETD, several acoustic traumas, most recently ETD
      Eliminating caffeine helped me out greatly.

5. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @John_415,

I recently discovered that drinking POPPY SEED TEA has enough of a gentle sedating effect on me that drinking it helps me relax and sleep. @Shera says hibiscus tea helps her sleep. One of my favorite "comfort foods" for tinnitus is bone broth, with a touch of butter and a couple of egg yolks (easier to make than you might think). Bone broth is also probably the best food you can consume to keep osteoporosis at bay. This is vitally important for inner ear health, specifically the three small bones that reside there.

I also like nettles tea, as it's the best adaptogens product I've tried. [Adaptogen: supports the body's stress response]. Speaking of stress response, healthy adrenal glands are vitally important for our body's stress response--and the highest concentration of Vitamin C is in the adrenal glands. So plenty of Vit. C would be supportive. I myself take about 5 grams of Sodium Ascorbate a day (powder from, non-GMO, 2.2 lb. from Nutribiotic).

One of my most effective tricks for better sleep is to eat something with a pat or two of butter before retiring. Not sure what's in butter that helps so consistently, but my best guess is it's the butyrate. -- Proper nutritional support for brain function and the body's stress response is a priority of mine--and has been for quite some time. There are many things that can be helpful, if one does a little research and experimenting.

All the Best!

• Like Like x 2
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Lol donuts also work;) for the very short term that is. Have not heard about turkey before.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Tea is nice yeah, its a bit to warm for that now allas. I ordered some online from a Japanese shop last winter, nitrogen gas packed highest quality green tea... it works very well and is calming, way better then the pickwick brown stuff:p

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Poppy seed, il be on the lookout for that.. I remember it being mentioned in.. Game of Thrones, probably coincidence but anyways il try it. Did you get the idea from there?
      Bone broth, that looks so odd, its very much recommended in the paleo diet i heard. Ehm yeah il be on the look out for that stuff.
      Butter for better sleep, interessting, il try that tnx. I hear good things about grass butter which is supposed to have a lot more nutrients then the grain fed stuff, im trying that at the moment but not yet before bed.
      Tnx!

• Like Like x 1