For Those with Middle Ear Myoclonus...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Chelles, Jun 28, 2016.

1. sr913

sr913 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TTTS/MEM
      Does anyone have any idea how these two meds could be used for TTTS/MEM? If they affect inner ear blood flow, that sounds promising....

2. Thericker

Thericker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2010
      I started getting ear spasms in my right ear in early April. Like most on here, following a burp, I would get a flutter every 5 seconds or so. Sometimes as little as 4 flutters, sometimes lasting hours. Some days I would wake up with it and I wouldn’t need a trigger, just random spasms. My schedule seemed like 3 days on, 2 days off (completely spasm free even after burps). I came to this forum as it was completely new to me and having bad tinnitus in the past (don’t notice it at all anymore) in my left ear, I’m a freak when anything is happening w my ears. Anyway, I tried one round of Accupuncture, nothing changed, planned on continuing, but went to dentist who gave me a night guard and an appliance that sits on two back teeth during the day to prevent grinding. It’s been four days since I started using it and I haven’t had an episode. While I know I may be setting myself up for disappointment, if feels like it’s gone this time. Just thought this might help some if you guys want to give it a try. If my mem does return I’ll be sure to come back here and update all of you so you don’t have to trial this. And if I continue to not have the spasms I’ll come back in a few months to let you know nothing has returned. Thanks to all who post on this site as it is gotten me through some dark times in the past

3. Rich1988

Rich1988 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi,

I’ve recently started getting the same symptoms as described by many of you. Sometimes random thumping but mainly after a hiccup/burp. It started about 6 weeks ago at the same time I had an annoying eyelid twitch which has gone now. I was particularly tired at this time (struggle with fatigue as it is but I had been out drinking for birthdays quite a bit).

I’m convinced it’s triggered by stress/fatigue/anxiety. I had horrible heart palpitations for over a year a few years back which started during a stressful time at work, and only really went away after a professional did all the tests and said it’s down to anxiety.

It seems to me like this is a similar thing, I’m not very good at showing stress and emotion so my body tells me to slow down in its own annoying way.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that my ear plays up less on Sunday’s when I’m relaxing.

Anyway it’s reassuring to find other people sharing their stories, so thank you for that.