Forward Head Posture and Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Markks, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Markks

Markks Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My tinnitus has been on and off for 4 years now. The cause is still unknown. I notice that my head is somewhat forward. Looking at photos taken 4 years ago, it was horribly forward. I began to exercise 3 years ago and my tinnitus completely disappeared, I forgot the whole thing for 1.5 years before I quit exercising.

I am not sure if I had forward head posture those times, but I am pretty sure I have it now. I also am one inch shorter than during the times I used to exercise.

It has not been diagnosed though, and no one has mentioned about it. But it is easy to see when you look at a mirror. And now I have quite severe tinnitus, a high-pitched ringing in my ears.

Should I go to see a physiotherapist? I sometimes have mild pain in my neck.

• Funny Funny x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Neck injury (Tendonitis @ trap/SCM junction)
      For sure. It seems like there might be a correlation in your case.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      I've had tinnitus for 6 years now and my neck was so tight in the beginning. About 3 years ago I started doing extensive physical therapy which helped my tinnitus a little, but my neck is way less tight now and the range of motion is about 90% instead of 50%. I recently developed forward shoulders too.

My question is: with as much as my neck has improved, why can't I fix my forward head posture?

If you fix your forward head posture, is there a better chance that your tinnitus improves?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1