Found This Video About Rock Concerts and Hearing Damage

Discussion in 'Awareness & Fundraising' started by Dubbyaman, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
    2. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      I am sure the following excerpts from the video will go down well with those who end up with tinnitus (after a concert):

[David Bowie laughing off the legal issues he faces because of loud music from a concert, see 1:21] "But it's like... you know... I went to this gig and they played rock music... I mean... I don't get it: what is it they expected when they got there?!?"

[Todd Rundgren claiming fans have their own responsibility, see 2:25] "...But he feels that it is the responsibility of the audience – not the rock musician to take care of their own hearing. How can anybody not be aware of the effect of this stuff... they go to their first concert and they come out and their ears are ringing for three days later... You know... they certainly should be able to make an assessment of that before they get permanent hearing loss."

So... there you have have it (in writing)... If you got permanent tinnitus from attending a concert featuring your favourite band, guess what: the lead singer couldn't care less...

• Winner Winner x 1
    3. hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      • Agree Agree x 1