Fraudster Conned Pensioner with Tinnitus out of £3,000 by Persuading Him to Pay for a Miracle Cure

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by erik, Oct 11, 2013.

1. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
    2. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      I work with seniors, and I will tell you there are scamsters who pull garbage like this on elders all the time. Miracle cures for Alzheimer's are another one. Should be a special place in hell for these crooks.

Also, Erik you warned people about a product called Tinnitus Control in an earlier post:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...ipping-off-people-since-2002.2189/#post-19174

I looked at the ad and it appears to me (I also work professionally with consumer issues) that these people cross the line into making "medical claims." That is against Food and Drug Administration regs in the United States. The FDA has become more serious about cracking down on these products in recent years. They really went after these "male enhancement" pills you can get in gas stations, drug stores that really are supplement mixes.

So if you see stuff like this out there and you don't want other tinnitus sufferers to be ripped off: report them. Go to www.fda.gov or 888-463-6332. Of course, our government is shut down right now :( so I am not sure if you can do so right now. But in the future...

3. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      They should have given him a jail sentence - not a suspended one!

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Relic Hunter
      Cynical

Relic Hunter Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1990
      They should super glue a set of headphones to his/her head and turn up the volume till they get tinnitus. A jail sentence is too good for scum such as this.

I hate people who try and take advantage of anyone due to age, illness.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    5. pathworker2017
      No Mood

pathworker2017 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 approx
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      currently unknown, conductive hearing loss suspected
      who knows, a few years down the line the tables may be turned. such unconscionable behaviors just makes life harder for the reputable people out there who really genuinely do want to help.

6. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @LadyDi I agree, but I think that our government has been shut down for sometime. Many nursing homes are disgusting. Nursing homes are expensive and will take every cent that you have until State public assistance kicks in. Many Federal account funds for medical research have a zero balance. The Public Health Fund has 57,000 dollars on it's balance sheet.

People need more medical assistance, the elderly, those with disease and those like us. I won't turn this into a political statement, but thanks for your post.

7. pathworker2017
      No Mood

pathworker2017 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 approx
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      currently unknown, conductive hearing loss suspected
      Agreed, we have a growing problem Here in the UK not dissimilar to what you folks are experiencing stateside...I'll leave it at that and let the politicians fight among themselves.