Freedom

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by CapedCrusader2, Feb 11, 2016.

1. CapedCrusader2
      Inspired

CapedCrusader2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress/Anxiety
      My T started December 20th. Laying in bed that night I heard my ear ringing and so began my journey. Although I guess the journey had started some time before that as I was at a low point with my anxiety. I was convinced I had heart problems and was soon to die (I'm a healthy 18 year old). But now my ears were ringing and suddenly my "symptoms" of heart problems were gone, proving that they must have just been some screwed up result of my anxiety. However, I was even more of a mess and my research on the topic only made it worse.

After about a month of this I finally saw an ENT. The office had an audiologist on hand and the first thing they did was a hearing test. Now I don't know the names for the tests they ran but it was way more thorough than what I knew of as a "hearing test." You know, when you go for a physical and put on a headset and there are 4 beeps in each ear and then you're done? Yeah, this was much more interesting then that. Sound proof room, many more "beeps", the audiologist matched my T sound and "masked" it at 10db. There was even a test that showed that my Eustachian tubes were working properly, that was a strange feeling in my ears. Anyway, next was consulting with the ENT.

I cannot stress enough how great this ENT was for me. He was an older guy and very willing to answer all my questions. However, before a word came out of my mouth the first thing he said when he entered the room was "wow! Your hearing is fantastic! I haven't seen a hearing test this flawless in awhile." That obviously brought me some relief. Then I explained that my fear with this is that it'll never stop. He responded without a moment of hesitation and said "It will go away, and if for whatever reason it doesn't, you'll stop noticing it." I asked a few more questions, he told me about TRT and how I can always come back and get setup on a TRT program, I got some earplugs there and I was on my way. Now it's been a few weeks since my visit and I still have my ups and downs, but I've been much more optimistic and feeling better. I no longer doubt my ability to be productive and to accomplish the things I want to accomplish. Especially after I learned of how many friends and family around me "suffer" from T and never even mentioned it but lead normal lives. I hate the phrase "T sufferer" that alone makes it sound so hopeless. It's really not. I wouldn't call someone with asthma an "asthma sufferer."

Just the other day my GF and I booked a flight to Las Vegas over the summer. I don't know how that's directly relevant but to me it's relevant because it's a step towards being optimistic and not letting T, or the even great battle of anxiety, stop me, or even effect me in the slightest if I can help it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Spizaex
      Confused

Spizaex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 (Had it for three months), 11/2015
      MY GOSH! WHAT A SURREAL POST...

The exactly same thing was happening to me at my onset. Anxiety problems, worried about my future, panic attacks (was convinced something was wrong with my heart)... Then, all of sudden, slight crickets. No more "heart attacks".

Anxiety ups and downs from there on... Pretty sure this shit, for some, is stress related, as I hate noisy enviroments... Also no loss whatsoever.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CapedCrusader2
      Inspired

CapedCrusader2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress/Anxiety
      Really? That's very interesting. Feel free to message me. Would love to discuss more...

4. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey guys! im new on this, its crazy cause i been fighting anxiety for a long time, and a few months a go i was convinced I had heart problems and was soon to die just like CapedCrusader2, maybe this has a relation with that too...
      anyways i wanna know wht you guys been doing to get better? i honestly dont mind to much having the noise on my left ear during the day... but last night was a total nightmare, please help! :)