Friend's Noise-Induced Tinnitus Went Away Completely After 2 Years

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Ehren M, Mar 21, 2021.

1. star-affinity
      Wishful

star-affinity Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1993, increase in 2020, then new in 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure about the first. Too many beers? Music during sleep.
      I agree it sounds way too low to be of any danger. This makes me want to re-measure it all again now more than a year later. But even if the volume would show as going up to 50 dB it would still be dampened by maybe at least 10 dB from the tucked in toilet paper, right?

However, I’m thinking that my ear felt really full (and did that kind of hum/whoosh) and probably was quite fatigued from the nights before where I also had the same playlist of similar frequency songs playing in a loop all night without the paper in the ear and I think I also one night that week slept with the phone on my chest, which must have made the volume reaching the ears stronger. Onset happened on the night to a Friday and the ears started to feel “full” or “as if I’ve been to a loud concert” which I told my father when we spoke on the phone on the Tuesday of that week. Still I kept going on with the music during night... :(

I guess my point is that what the ear can take volume wise depends on what their current state is, i.e. how loud and/or long exposure to sound has they been exposed to recently? If the ears don’t get time to rest properly between the sound exposures I don’t think we can use the normal time and loudness measurements for when hearing-loss might occur – that applies to a non-fatigued ear.

Anyway – I’ll see if I’ll get the chance to remeasure the sound level again.

Can also say that my tinnitus hasn’t improved; same not very loud, but high pitch and piercing (like a laser in the head) sound in my left ear together with a low drone/hum in the head (only heard in quiet rooms, but I can kind of feel it always) and a kind of tone/ringing in my right ear, which I also only hear quite faint in quiet rooms.

Altogether they really mess up my perception of reality and I really feel quite low and depressed and not very motivated about anything anymore. :(

I hope you all are doing okay!

Again, wishing a cure or at least some relief is not too far away.

• Like Like x 1