From Consistent Ringing to Fizzing/Changing Pitch Crickets

Discussion in 'Support' started by feenix00, Jul 15, 2018.

1. feenix00
      Studious

feenix00 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Hi guys, I hope you guys are enjoying your Sunday so far :) So my T started 2 weeks ago when I woke up suddenly hearing consistent high-pitched ringing in my ear. Went to the ENT a few days in which he said it is most likely stress induced due to current exam periods. I have been keeping active since then (a 30-min jog in the park daily + more 8-hr night sleeps + no headphone use). I would probably consider my tinnitus mild because I don't have too much trouble concentrating/falling asleep.

But lately I noticed my tinnitus has changed from consistent ringing to a more fizzing, cricket-like sound that alternates between high and slightly less high pitch every half a second or less. Is this normal or has anyone else experience something like this? Is this also possibly a glimmer hope for a sign of healing? (this is probably unlikely because I'm still in my exam/deadline periods but still..)

And sometimes it tends to switch sides. On one day it might be louder on the right ear so it is almost as if the left ear is tinnitus free (and sometimes it's the opposite, when previously it was always ringing on both ears).

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      If it is changing, chances are that it will continue to fade. If yours is beginning to improve only two weeks after onset, chances are that in 3-12 months it will be gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Yeah i think if there are changes its a good reason to be positive. Mine started off worst on my left side which is now my best side so it can swap around and do strange things. Mine was what i thought was an oscillating sound like yours kinda up and down every second or less. This might be the case but Iv also figured out that basically the two sides of my head have a slightly different pitch and volume and so as my attention switches from one side of my brain to the other it makes the sound seem like its going up and down. Very annoying and impossible to habituate to it but as time has gone on both sides have relaxed and dropped to more or less the same now so its much better.

• Genius Genius x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      feenix00
      Studious

feenix00 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Thanks for that, I really hope it'll be gone at some point. I'm thankful at least I could still fall asleep at night because my T isn't too severe.. Let's hope it can only get better when my exams are over.

That's exactly the same with me that each side is never really at the same volume/pitch (only sometimes). Sometimes it's even reactive to noise (so it feels somewhat quieter in the mornings - spikes in the afternoons when I'm stressed out studying). Has your T gotten better ever since it started?

• Like Like x 1
    5. grime
      In pain

grime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      idk, noise? stress? maybe even dormant syphilis returning
      Did it ever improve??