From "Normal" Tinnitus to Central Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Cor, Jan 17, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Cor

Cor Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hey all, over the last few months my T seems to be shifting a bit.

Initially it started in my right ear as a pretty standard noisy T (not clear tone). Then a few months later my left ear joined, although it always stayed lower.

But lately i feel i have more of a central T. I dont know exactly what central T is supposed to be like, but I feel like I have static in my head.

Is this common? That T sortof shifts around? Could certain meds like alprazolam cause this shift?

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. sergerold

sergerold Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/14
      I know what you mean. The same thing happened to me.

3. Kopesy
      Balanced

Kopesy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma'?' (Unknown)
      Same thing happened to me also! Although not in that order. Got T in my right ear, standard noise & then the static in my head & now a slight hiss in my left.

4. RaZaH
      Not amused

RaZaH Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Same here , most tones are gone , more of a shimmer type of "physical" sensation.
      I almost prefer the tones...

5. Cor

Cor Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yeah @RaZaH exactly. At time it feels almost physical, like there is a chaotic static bouncing around in my brain.

6. conbsgc

conbsgc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october
      this is anxiety... its very common for tinnitus sufferers to feel their ears clogged, or burning, or full.... they will notice every single beep, tic and so on that goes on in your ear and that is mostly just anxiety. you're probably way too focused on the noise and your anxiety is getting the best of you.

• Agree Agree x 1