Fullness of Ear and Sensations

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by Freddie, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. Freddie
      Worried

Freddie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      27/11/2013
      Hello DR Nagler

I have had my T for a little over 6 months now and like a lot of people I have good days and bad days my T comes from my right ear which is where i have a slight low frequency hearing loss but one thing that I have noticed in the last few months is this sensation of fullness in my ear and when moving my head up down and sideways what i can only describe as a swooshing noise and at times a pain in the head around the temple area ?

Are you able to help and shed any light as to what this is and what it is that might be it ? When I spoke to the last ENT consultant that I saw he just said it is sometimes one of the symptons of tinnitus and may possibly go but I am not so sure, it is one of these annoying things that i find is not helping when trying to forget about my T and on the road to habituation as it is not the sort of thing you can always forget about and ignore as the sensations although not uncomfortable are an additional nuisance.

Are you aware of these and will it pass in time, might you know what the cause is and is there anything that can be done at all ?

Thank you for your time

2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Wish I could indeed shed some light, but I do not think I can provide much in the way of insight. The first thing that comes to mind would be a middle ear effusion, but surely your ENT would have made that diagnosis. Also, there is a feeling of fullness that often accompanies asymmetrical hearing loss, but it is not typically positional. Beyond that, I am sorry - but I am at a loss. Wish I could be of more help.

Dr. Stephen Nagler