Going Crazy Over Tinnitus That Gets Worse When I Stand and Sit — Doctors Are Clueless

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ursleep, May 22, 2021.

1. Ursleep

Ursleep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello all,

I’ve started experiencing tinnitus a few months ago, starting in March. My tinnitus is in my left ear only and changes so often. It is ostly high pitched and sounds like it could be like a rhythm and at times feels like my heartbeat. It almost sounds like an electric shock. I also have pain behind and above my last molar on the top of my mouth that happens from time to time and pain on the left side of my neck. And very occasionally my left cheek will have a spasm which is weird for me. I have gone to multiple ENTs, audiologists and doctors who say that they don’t see anything wrong. I had an MRI and CT. The MRI came back showing sinus disease but two doctors said that sinus disease usually shows on an MRI for many people and doesn’t mean anything and probably isn’t my issue.

One thing I’ve noticed as of recent is that my tinnitus changes and gets worse when I stand and sit. When I lie down with my pillow on my left side, the tinnitus gets better and starts to go away but not entirely. Exercise makes it worse. No one can explain why that is. I don’t clench at night from my understanding. I still do have two wisdom teeth on my bottom jaw which I’m getting removed in a couple of weeks as I want to try everything possible.

If anyone has experienced something similar please let me know. This is driving me insane.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ursleep

Ursleep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Anyone? :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Óscar PP
      Psychedelic

Óscar PP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Coronavirus
      Could it be perilymph fistula?

4. Gee82

Gee82 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I hope you get it sorted by removing your wisdom teeth. If not, other options would be to check out if you have any vascular issues and visiting a good osteopath or chiropractor.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Have you seen a cardiologist? If it’s fluctuating with standing and sitting, that could suggest a cardiovascular factor. Also, lying on your left side better pumps blood through the body.

An EKG and an echocardiogram would probably show if you have an underlying cardiovascular condition.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Farkon
      Frustrated

Farkon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ??/19xx
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Genetics/possibly Jaw.
      If your MRI and ENT docs don't see anything, perhaps it's muscle related since my left ear spasms when I touch certain parts of my face.

7. Tweedleman
      Depressed

Tweedleman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/Noise
      As the others have said, this sounds vascular. I'd get the wisdom teeth dealt with and go from there. If it's not that, it's probably a cardiovascular issue which a therapist should be able to help you with.

Good luck homie!

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ursleep

Ursleep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Update.

Getting wisdom teeth out next Friday. I went to cardiologist who did an EKG and ultrasound on my heart and arteries leading to my brain. No issues found thankfully. Hopefully the wisdom teeth solve it but here we are. Luckily I’m having no issues sleeping as my tinnitus goes away when I lie down but working at a desk becomes difficult as sitting causes a spike.