Going to Try Excluding Nightshades

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by AnnaW, Oct 9, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. AnnaW
      Vegged out

AnnaW Member Benefactor Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      It seems that nightshades contain solanine which can cause a build up of acetylcholine - a neurotransmitter.
      So I'm thinking persistent firing of the nerves etc.
      So over the next couple of of months I will eliminate them from my diet. If anyone else is or has done this I would love to hear from you. Obviously I don't expect this to eliminate the T but I am hoping for less of those heavy days when its all you can hear.
      For info nightsahdes include: tomato, potato, pepper, paprika, aubergine, goji. These are all that really affect me but I think there are a few more.

2. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Take a look at the Dr Mozzi ,blood group diets ,really interesting read ,what foods you should and should not eat as to ones blood group .The nightshades are a no go for some .Well worth a read

3. J-rod
      Frantic

J-rod Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2002
      A few years ago I tried the eat for your blood type diet, but it didn't do anything for my Tinnitus. Don't allow anyone to convince you that humans didn't eat everything they could to survive. I do agree it is an interesting read though and in fact it goes much deeper than just the basic blood types. For most people, cutting back on junk foods, refined carbs, sugars, and sodas will probably show the most improvements over selective meats, grains and vegetables.

People can have allergic reactions to foods, so nightshades is a good start. I'm not sure if a build up of acetylcholine as a neurotransmitter is the problem, but if so.. is there a counter? I read another case once of acetylcholine-blocking drugs having a harmful impact on the brain, so it makes me question the science behind too much or too little of anything.

To save time you could have blood allergy testing done first and then follow up with skin prick testing. This way you could narrow down anything that might be causing inflammation within the body. As for myself, I've had days of silence and then ate potatoes and tomatoes and the T went insane. Could it be the salt or preservatives from canned Tomatoes? So many questions, so few answers. Just when I think I've got it figured out removing these items from my diet, nothing changes and I'm back at square one.

Good luck with the diet!

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      I've suffered along side of T with allergies ,how does this work out ,fresh tomatoes I have a severe a bad reaction with ,but pressurised canned tomatoes I'm just fine on allergy front .My T is what it is ,probably see my life time out never understanding it ,unless some clever people out there gets me a
      Magic pill to get it gone ,or tolerate more easily at the very least .all trial and effort to T what helps what doesn't .