Gone for 2 Minutes and Back Again

Discussion in 'Support' started by luckyman316, Jan 18, 2016.

1. luckyman316

luckyman316 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      That feeling that you get, when the T disappears for 2 minutes COMPLETELY without any reason... is amazing. There's the disappearing when you do TRT or masking or anything in particular to make it go away temporarily. Then there's this. You know that whatever happened, is almost gone. You know that you're going to be healed completely one day. And you know what? It sends chills through your body. Not scary chills though. Chills of RELIEF where you can go "ahhhhhh this is amazing, please don't come back"

This happened to me last night. Only the second time in 2 years it has done this.

(y)

Stay positive my friends

• Like Like x 8
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Jahhsoul
      Curious

Jahhsoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/24/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown (not acute acoustic trauma).
      That sounds so good. Do you know the cause of your T? Are you taking any supplement or something? No idea why happened this? o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Yes, I've had that happen a few times. Such a lovely feeling!! Usually in the morning, but one time as I was watching TV and only the left side of my T head switched off!! :woot:

4. ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music/chemotherapy/hypercalcemia
      Come on, why is it like that? It's just not making any sense to me. If you're tinnitus really goes away, even for seconds, then the only explination I can think of is that there is not really any permanent damage to your ears?

5. daniel1111
      Shitfaced

daniel1111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, repeated exposure with loud headphones.
      Could be the brain tuning it out.

Anyway, good news @luckyman316 ! Hopefully you get them more frequently and for longer. Definitely a good sign!

6. truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      No, it really does feel like it just switches off. I think a lot of people with T experience this.

7. ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music/chemotherapy/hypercalcemia
      I think many could get rid of their tinnitus with easy treatment. Scientist are just too satisfied with the fact that the best cure for tinnitus is "to live with it". Surely it should be easy to cure tinnitus if you know whats triggers it, easier said that done I know, but ifit goes away completely it just proves that there is no real permanent damage caused to your ears.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      I began to experience that after about 8 months of T. The first time was when I was on a walk with my dog at the local hiking trail. All of a sudden, it was gone. Vanished. The world was normal again. I could hear the birds, sweet and clear as any song on earth. Maybe half an hour later, the T came back.

Since then, it's done it several times. Sometimes it vanishes for an hour, or even two or three hours. The odd thing is, the moment it's gone, I know it's gone. I recognize the difference instantly, and everything changes. My brain feels normal. The environment sounds normal. Nothing feels normal when tinnitus is active. It casts a shadow over everything I hear and everything I do. It's like living in a parallel world.

• Like Like x 3
    9. Sgguy46
      Jaded

Sgguy46 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      happens to me too.. can last a whole day. trouble is when it returns i have to adjust back to T again..... once i had almost no T for 10 days....

• Like Like x 1
    10. John G

John G Member

You should keep a journal of what foods you eat, and other things that you do during the day. You may find what triggers it. Worth a shot.

• Like Like x 2
    11. JohnK
      Busy

JohnK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/26/2015 (habituated) 5/13/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doxycycline (2015) Otimize ear drops [neomycin] (2019)
      I had super low T on Sunday for an hour or 2. Even when listening for it, I couldn't hear it. Bliss.

• Like Like x 1
    12. Sgguy46
      Jaded

Sgguy46 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      thats easy. i was in Japan on holiday. nice cool weather, beautiful mountains, hot springs, wonderful food. extremely hard to replicate in daily life hahaha

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      luckyman316

luckyman316 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      I wish I knew why it happened. One night, it just started. I deal with chronic liver issues and have been on medication for it. Ever since I started the medication (Viread/Tenofovir), it has been reduced drastically. I suspect there is a big link there.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      luckyman316

luckyman316 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      I'm 100% positive this has nothing to do with my ears. I never put myself in the situation for ear damage and it didn't come about at all during any concerts or loud noises.

I only notice it though when it's really quiet now.