Good Hearing and TInnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rachiejo, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Rachiejo

Rachiejo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/14
      Hi Everyone,

I have had tinnitus for a year now which recently started troubling me again due to a period of stres. I've had a hearing test at the tinnitus clinic which came back excellent and the audiologist said she could tell from the results my T isn't noise induced & could have been caused by eustachian tube dysfunction I had...my ears haven't been the same since.

However I still think it was caused by going to loud nightclubs as I always had ringing after so I must have caused some damage to my ears? My T is mild and mainly in the left ear and can only hear it at night. After going to the clinic I'm confused as to why I have it.

Any suggestions would be great :) thanks!

2. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      Most hearing audiograms only test up to 8k (normal hearing range); maybe your T is in a higher range.

3. Luca
      Amused

Luca Member

My T wasn't noise induced either but above 13khz on that ear it drops rapidly. After some 5 years now it drops a bit earlier. Most hearing tests max out at 8 or 10khz like Mark said.

4. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      What makes the doctor think that your T is due to ETD?
      Any symptoms that they based on to confirm it is ETD and not something else?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rachiejo

Rachiejo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/14
      The doctor checked my ears and my ear drums were 'sucked in' because of the pressure difference on either side and I also had a low sound in my right ear kind of like putting a sea shell up to your ear that would come and go before I had the ringing. I also often get fluid in my ears as well. I never had a problem with my ears before this.

The audiologist said it could have been caused by ETD at The Tinnitus clinic based on my hearing results. I also have asmtha and suffer from allergies and my ears always feel blocked. The audiologist suggested I have an MRI scan as the ringing is mainly in one ear so I'm going to the doc to be referred on Thursday.

Hope this makes sense!

6. Mo_Mo

Mo_Mo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25/11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Started A Week After A Cold
      I had a hearing test upto 16khz, the biggest drop I had was 10db on 16khz, I also had the oae test and pressure test and everything was fine but still have T, I also did a eeg, ct scan and mri and the same thing Dr can't find anything

7. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      Wow! T is a mystery indeed; I hope they find (and define) all the causes.