Audiophile_bg

Author
Sep 28, 2018
Tinnitus Since
08/2018
Cause of Tinnitus
Olanzapine/MRI
Hello, hope everyone is doing well. :)

I am having a bad cold, with my nose congested, and hurting.

Does this necessarily mean my tinnitus will spike? Knowing how I can't really stop tinnitus, I am horrified of what it will sound like if the volume goes up.

I have had fleeting spikes before so I know how it sounds...

Thank you.

Does this necessarily mean my tinnitus will spike? Knowing how I can't really stop tinnitus, I am horrified of what it will sound like if the volume goes up.

Thank you.

The key with tinnitus is to keep calm. Emotions and stress can possibly cause the tinnitus to get louder. Some folks make use of sound enrichment to help with their tinnitus. Hang in there.......

Thank you.

Sometimes it will go up due to the congestion but not always, I have a cold now and for some strange reason my T hasn't spiked.

The first time I got a cold it did spike, but it calmed down after about 2 months. I know it's easier said than done but try and ride it out if does spike, it will more than likely calm back down to baseline. Steam your face as well keep your vitamin C levels up (I drank pure orange juice) I took NAC which I think helped as well but I know it doesn't agree with everybody.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now