Grateful to Find This Community — I'm in My 70s, and Have Had Tinnitus for a Long Time

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by fern, Feb 5, 2020.

1. fern

fern Member

Tinnitus Since:
      young woman
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      no idea
      Hi folks,

I am new here and I am glad that I found this site. I don't know how long I have had tinnitus as it seems to have always been there but I can remember a time about 20 years ago when being outdoors at night I couldn't distinguish the ringing in my ears from the sound of crickets. That is when I knew something was going on inside my head. It started out mildly and crept up louder as the years went by and I am not sure if this is normal or not.

Last October I had a full scale attack of Meniere's and ended up in emergency. The doctor said that sometimes the tinnitus can bring this on. Once again I am not sure if this is a normal thing. So now I am struggling every day with the awareness of tinnitus and also Meniere's trying to rule my life.

Fortunately I am in my 70's so don't have a great social life outside of family but it has even interfered with this when things get rough. At the moment I have myself of a natural vitamin programme trying to lessen the affects of both these conditions.

Anyway, I am glad I found this support site. It is good to find the comfort from other sufferers...

Thanks...
      Fern

• Hug Hug x 6
      • Friendly Friendly x 2
    2. Tweedleman
      Depressed

Tweedleman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/Noise
      Welcome, I joined for the same reason, finding comfort with fellow cellmates. Not sure how I'd be without this community as a resource and support system.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. LukeYoung
      Frantic

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      Have you been on betahistine for the menieres?
      My mother had menieres but i think she it has settled/disappeared for her.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fern

fern Member

Tinnitus Since:
      young woman
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      no idea
      Yes Luke I tried them but had a very bad reactions. Thanks for thinking of me.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. Stan M

Stan M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I wish I knew
      My 1 yr anniversary today. I too am very grateful for this site and the people on it. I need someplace where I can say what I need to, and find comfort and wisdom in the folks who like you have survived years with this. I am 65.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1