Great Day Today!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rainbowsheep, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Rainbowsheep
      Cheerful

Rainbowsheep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music, I suppose
      Damn. I have had a great day T wise today. I haven't really noticed my T all day and when I did notice it I was able to ignore it and pay attention to whatever I was doing and thereby forgetting it again relatively quickly.

It has been almost like my pre-spike days. Also I think the volume has dropped, because when I turn of my music I'm as close to silence as one can be when one has T. It's still the new white noise-ish with a bit of a high pitched sound but I can't really be bothered when it's so quiet.

I do not dare to get my hopes up for tomorrow because it tends to fluctuate a lot in loudness but it sure gives me hope for the future. I get more and more quiet days in-between the bad days which are also less bad than at the beginning of my spike. I guess I'm about to habituate to this new and slightly more intrusive sound, yay! But I sure have learned the lesson I should've learned when I first got mild T 3.5 years ago.

I am never, ever going to go anywhere where I risk being exposed to loud music without earplugs, just like I am never, ever going to listen to music through headset again. I'm a little gutted about the last one but I'd rather miss out on that than I'd risk doing more damage to my ears.

And to anyone who's suffering from a spike that just won't go away. Hang in there. My tinnitus spiked in the beginning of August and I first started noticing some change in the beginning of this month. There's still hope that it will get better!

• Like Like x 4
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1