Great Success

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by JennyRose, Nov 23, 2015.

1. JennyRose

JennyRose Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Hi everyone!
      I have recently had some success with my tinnitus that I would like to share in case it helps anyone else.

My experience with tinnitus: I developed T at the beginning of October this year. I went to an audiologist who agreed that it was probably due to exposure to loud noise (from my iPod). I also saw an ENT who told me my ears looked good - clean and no signs of infection. I was baffled, frustrated, and very depressed. I was experiencing multiple very loud high pitched tones in both ears and had trouble sleeping and concentrating - all experiences I know you are all much too familiar with.

What changed: I experienced a spike in my tinnitus that lasted several days and I decided to try everything I could think of to decrease it asap. The following is a list of what I have attempted over the last 2 - 3 days:

- Listening to this video:
      Advanced Nerve and Cell Regeneration with...

- Taking a multivitamin with iron (I thought I might be low in B-12 or Iron)
      - Taking a supplement containing L-theanine, magnesium, and holy basil
      - Drinking several cups of green tea over the course of the day
      - Massaging my face, neck, head, and ears to increase blood flow; here is a good link:

- Drinking a few spoonfuls of apple cider vinegar in warm water with a bit of honey
      - Doing a little yoga each day including a few minutes in this pose:
      Yoga Therapy : How to Stop Ringing Inside of...

Results: My tinnitus has quieted down drastically and I now feel like it is something I can ignore / handle. I am really hoping it will go away entirely, however. My audiologist has said chances are good it will in the next month or so. Fingers crossed!

• Like x 3
      • Optimistic x 2
      • Agree x 1
      • Funny x 1
      • Winner x 1
    2. Phil-O

Phil-O Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Hi @JennyRose
      Interesting post. I am currently using apple cider vinegar, with Manuka honey. Also increased use of garlic as a natural antibiotic. Regards Phil

3. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      Hi @JennyRose well if it works for you it might work for others. Keep us posted.

4. brotherdday

brotherdday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12/2015
      @JennyRose hi jenny. How often did you do these things?? And you listen to the sound one with headphones? Glad you are doing better!!! Thanks. Dan

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JennyRose

JennyRose Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      @brotherdday - Usually a few times week (although I started out doing these things every day) and I use over the ear headphones at a low volume.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been trying to stick with the program I outlined above, but to be honest I'm not sure how much of a difference it made. I think these things may have helped me because they reduced my overall anxiety, which I think can be a huge component in tinnitus management. However, I ideally wanted to find something to cure or speed along my recovery from tinnitus (don't we all!).

I ended up going to my doctor and she prescribed noritryptiline. I take that each day and it has helped lower the volume of my tinnitus quite a bit. As long as I don't listen for it or sit in complete silence for too long I am able to get on with my life. However, she told me that this medication is not a cure and will only work as long as I am taking it.

I have now had tinnitus for about 3 months (Oct, Nov, Dec) and she thinks because I do not have hearing loss and because I am pretty young (in my 20s) that my tinnitus will eventually go away. She didn't give me an exact time frame, but from what I've seen it can take 3 - 6 months. I am really, really hoping that is the case for me and that it will go away in the next few months.

I hope you are all doing okay with your T and finding solutions that work for you, because I know everyone's T is different.

6. ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music/chemotherapy/hypercalcemia
      i developed my T almost one month ago, and my cause is most likely the same as yours, by listenting to loud music with ear plugs/headphones. My hearing is fine as well, but I still think I'm suffering from hearling loss, since nothing seems to sound the same anymore, traffic, TV, music and so on. I have been to ENT several times, and I got told my T would fade away. But it's now been a month, and it doesnt look like it will gone anytime soon.

what I wonder is, when did you first hear your T? Was it right after you were listenting to loud music, or did it came like mine did, in the middle of the night? How loud was it when you first got it and the next days/weeks? were you only able to hear it in a quite room, or was it even audible at day time?

thank you for your answer!