Greetings from Washington State

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Davesmoore, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Davesmoore

Davesmoore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Greetings from the Pacific Northwest!

Purely by accident, I found this forum. I had no idea it existed or the wealth of information that I am beginning to uncover within it. I've suffered from tinnitus for longer than I truly know. My profile says it started in 1987, but it may have been longer. I hear a slightly wavering, extremely high-pitched, two tone sound that varies in volume depending on how exhausted I am, but which is constant 24 x 7. Sometimes, it is quite loud. It wakes me up sometimes, keeps much up often, interferes with my ability to concentrate, and, I believe, also affects my ability to understand conversations when there is other background noise.

I look forward to learning much and contributing when I have something of value to add. A cure or treatment of the symptoms would be life changing for me and, I am sure, I am not suffering any more than many of you are.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. TEdwards

TEdwards Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Taking Amoxicillin
      Hi Davesmoore! Welcome! I just stumbled on here by accident tonight and just joined. I'm from Iowa. Just now dealing with tinnitus for the first time. Its horrible and I'm filled with anxiety. I'm not sure yet if this is my fate from here on out or dealing with my sinus infection and a side effect from the Amoxicillin I started two days ago. This is for the birds. I'm sorry you have been dealing with this for so long. I'm sure you can offer some great advice for people like me. ☺

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Davesmoore

Davesmoore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      From what I am learning tonight, I'd say your best bet is to find a physician who understands the possible causes of tinnitus as well as treatments. It sounds like those who found help early were much more likely to be successful. A few people mentioned symptoms that ended up being related directly to sinus issues as well as complete remission after treatment.

As far as handling the anxiety, all I can say is that it is possible to live with it. It is possible to have a normal, wonderful, exciting, loving life. It can be annoying, but you can handle it.

Good luck to you!