Gut Virus and Dire Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Fungus, Feb 16, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Fungus
      Dreaming

Fungus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus?
      I'm generally well-habituated to my 'jet engine' high-pitched tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus wearing sound-generating hearing sids and on anti-depressants for the reactive depression I developed at the outset.

4 days ago I thought I could hear water droplets sizzling on the hotplate whilst I was in the kitchen, having been aware my usual tinny was louder than usual. Of course, it was a new addition to my 'cerebral cacophony'.

A little late on I felt a bit sickly and then.....acute diarrhoea and vomiting with my 2 regular types and my new 'friend' all cranking up in volume.

One particular episode of sickness left me with a really acute and severe left -sided head pain with ultra-lous pulsatile tinnitus (I have migraine....only left sided,too).

4 days on and the vomiting continues...as do the 3 tinnitus types. I have not managed to keep down the anti-depressants either.

Just feeling sorry for myself and needing to 'vent'....actually I'm probably venting a little too well already if my visits to the toilet are anything to go by....

Ugh.

Fungus.

• Funny Funny x 1
    2. Dana
      Chicken

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not known, too many possible causes
      Well, I am glad that you vented. Venting is good for both conditions so I hope that you will feel better soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try Buccastem from the chemist as will ease the sickness.
      Hope you feel better soon...lots if love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    4. Fungus
      Dreaming

Fungus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus?
      Proof, if proof was needed, that tinnitus is worsened by any old virus.....at last the gut is improving. (I took a couple of Buccastem yesterday). So, the 'water on the hot plate' seems to have gone and the tinnitus volume has already diminished.

My guess (and there's nothing to prove this, so far as I am aware) is that viruses travel around in the bloodstream and stop off all over the body as well as their target organ, if there is one. Some of the 'toxic' viral symptoms must be due to the virus in the nervous system rather than anything else.

It's a pity that my usual tinnitus hasn't gone with the 'water droplets'

Fungus

• Hug Hug x 1