Habituation or Healing?

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Bleep, May 11, 2017.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bleep

Bleep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perhaps stress
      How is your T going so far?

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I just opened a window, and a gust of wind had slammed the door in my room. Now I have the "full ear" sensation (that I had for 11 days before the onset of my T)............

And now my T is much louder...

If I am that sensitive, I can't imagine not getting a huge (permanent?) spike following an upcoming dental procedure. Getting rid of all of the teeth on the top jaw and using a denture is something I will most likely not have the guts to do, but something I can already see myself regretting not doing...

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bleep

Bleep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perhaps stress
      why not wear ear plugs?

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I began wearing earplugs whenever I am outside of my home, after another slamming door incident at work. That time I had a three-day spike. But that time I didn't have that full ear sensation. Yesterday I had bad hours and good hours. After the door slammed, I have been stuck at "bad hours"...

I used to wear earplugs 24/7 at one time during this nightmare. After about two weeks of this, a doctor looked into my ear, and saw that I had irritation on my eardrum. He suggested that wearing earplugs 24/7 may eventually lead to an ear infection. It might also cause H...

• Like Like x 1
    5. CaRd
      Cheerful

CaRd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety/Stress/Lack of sleep/Headphones
      If you constantly block all sounds from the outside, your ears become more sensitive and such incidents will have much bigger effect ...

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bleep

Bleep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perhaps stress
      Update: my right ear has healed completely. Sometimes for a few seconds a ringing in my ear comes back but not constantly. My left ear has a mild ringing. I'm looking forward to heal fully.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    7. Freeatlast

Freeatlast Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound
      How are u doing? Still recovering?

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bleep

Bleep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perhaps stress
      I'm still recovering. Last night I had a pulsatile tinnitus attack, but without the loud ringing, just some mild buzzing and blood flow sounds...right now it rings in my left ear pretty mildly. Right ear has healed completely. I think I must rest a lot and wait. Maybe my hearing aids helped in the healing process, because with my hearing aids I don't hear a ringing or buzzing noise in any of my ears at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      Did you take any proactive steps to habituation? Can you share? You wrote that it helped to LISTEN to your T, when I believe the common recommendation is to try NOT to listen to it.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bleep

Bleep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perhaps stress
      Proper breathing helps. Letting go and accepting it. For absolute restless nights download the rain app.
      I really don't want to give bad advice, but for me somehow listening to it helped. Read: http://www.residualinhibition.com/residual-inhibition.pdf

11. Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      Thanks. I have masking app. For some reason cat purring helps me.