Had an Anxiety Attack — Tinnitus Spiking Now — What Can I Do?

Discussion in 'Support' started by PeteJ, Apr 4, 2019.

1. GSC
      Wishful

GSC Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
      Are you sure you're experiencing spikes, Pete? Are you sure you don't have fluctuating T?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      All I know is it seems louder/more intense.

3. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Pete, no one is tired of your posts, believe me on this, please. :huganimation:Many of us have been where you are right at this moment. Keep posting, talking about your fears and frustrations really does help you.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Helps me, how?

Nothing helps but I would be assured if no one is annoyed by them. I don't know why I have to deal with this. People telling to seek counseling, religious scripture and that I will get used to it.

All sound good but doesn't really help. Ear pain and loud tinnitus need a cure and yes, I don't see one on the horizon.
      I am in shock every day that I have this and people try to talk me out of offing myself. It's nice of them but this suffering is pretty awful.

5. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      What I mean is this...if you were to stop posting here and internalize all of your thoughts it would not be good. Coming to a forum where there are others who are experiencing the same trauma as you can be very helpful. We all want to be heard and have our feelings respected and understood. There are people here who "get" you, Pete.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Flamingo1

Flamingo1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4-15-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Why do you question the fact that you are in dire need of psychological counseling? Tinnitus may be the trigger but you need to learn how to cope with it. Once you get a handle on your anxiety I think the tinnitus will calm down..

7. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I find it impossible to truly meditate with tinnitus. I can focus on a task (mindfulness) but meditation is kind of the opposite and that's when my mind latches onto the T by default.

BTW, I have had two anxiety attacks and gone through a host of other mysterious symptoms (like pins and needles).