Has Anybody Ever Had Reactive Tinnitus as a Spike?

Discussion in 'Support' started by CarloZ, Apr 29, 2017.

1. CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      My main tone is a hissing tone. I've had it since the beginning when I got it in September 2015. I'm already so used to it and have habituated very well. I habituated 2-3 months in and for the most lived normally. But yesterday I woke up with an new (in a way, old too) tone. A reactive tone. Kind of mild but it's really annoying and I couldn't get a good nights keep because of it. I can mostly ignore throughout the day but sleeping with it is rough. So basically I have a reactive tone on top of my regular hissing tone.

Interestingly enough I had actually had this same reactive tone at the beginning, but it eventually went away.

Do you think it's a spike? Is it permanent?

I'm not doing all that good today. I'm back looking at forums from this site like I did back in the horrible days and now I'm reading horror stories that are making me extremely anxious.

2. Mettafort
      Sunshine

Mettafort Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 8th, 2017 (a few days after)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Vertigo->48 hours->Deaf in left Ear->Tinnitus
      Hey CarloZ-

Sorry to hear your anxiety. The only thing that is absolute, is that every bodies story is different. Aware your mind has refocused on your T, your Mind is what needs taking care if. Avoid reading hell stories. Stay positive-a positive mind will help your immune system and reduce cortisol and give you the best chances of your own story turning out completely differently to horror stories.

I know words are cheap; reframe this new event and let it go.

Mf