Has Anyone Developed Fibromyalgia as a Result of the Tinnitus Stress?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Vicki14, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Vicki14
      Panicky

Vicki14 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Hi there!

I’ve now had Tinnitus over 2.5 years which started off mild but as a result of a micro suction procedure, left me with a high pitched whistling tone 24/7 unmaskable and hypercausis too!. I find this very distressing to live with and as a result have now developed Fibromyalgia. It just really worries me living with 2 very challenging conditions & just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how they cope?

I’d appreciate no negative posts please! Thank you x

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      As someone that lives with fibro + arthritis, I can say that fibro deals with lots nerve pains and neurological issues. Tinnitus can wreak havoc on our minds. From stress, anxiety, fears and more. My fibro + arthritis came due to being overdosed and almost crippled by medicine. Because of that med my CNS(central nervous system) was forever ruined. Because of that I started getting fibro. It could be possible that with all the stress and anxiety you have, have POSSIBLY got it. I am no dr and don't make any claims. There is no 100% definite reason as to why fibro comes, so I cannot 100% give you an answer.

I will say this much, I got fibro in 2007 and stopped working out for almost 7 years. I use to be a bodybuilder/powerlifter and my muscles/mass were gone and I sank into heavy depression. I looked in the mirror each day and saw a mere shell of my self and I hated it. I got back into the gym and started lifting and doing martial arts again. Exercise is VITAL for those that have fibro. I cannot stress this enough. Our joints/muscles become stiff, especially if we have fibro/arthritis. A good walk 3-5 days a week for 15-30 minutes is very helpful. If you do walk, please go to a spot that is safe for you ears....

• Like Like x 2
    3. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I’ve got an ongoing, currently undiagnosed, condition with pain in my joints. Some days I can barely move and feel like an old man. I’m under investigation and have had various tests by an osteopath, and this has now progressed to a rheumatologist as well. The physio I’m doing isn’t realing helping much.

• Hug Hug x 3
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vicki14
      Panicky

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      @fishbone Thank you for your advice. I previously saw that you too suffered with this and commend your steely attitude towards it. I LOVE exercising, especially swimming and walking but have become frustrated because my muscles, particularly in my left shoulder/hand side spasm after a swim and some days the pain in my feet, hips etc could stop me from going on a good long walk... I find it enormously frustrating as these are my coping mechanisms for dealing with the t stress and it truly feels like someone is grinding me down with it. I too have arthritis and suppose I just worry that if I’m 46 with this then how will the next 10 yrs or so (if I can endure this ringing) be!!!!! We have to keep going though.... what us it they say.... don’t let this b grind you down!!!!! Keep well :)

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vicki14
      Panicky

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      @Ed209 So sorry to hear that & hope they get to the bottom of it soon!!!

6. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I take magnesium + calcium daily. It can be helpful with the muscle spasms. I understand your issue, but do know that if the muscles are not active they can become stiff and the pain can come around even more. Possibly yoga might be helpful to you too. Don't ever give up, I know how frustrating it must be. I really do. There have been times when my limbs were hurting so so badly that I had to wrap 1 shirt on each knee and arm to sleep at nigh time. I know the hell fibro can bring on. This is why i can comment and relate to your issue.

Don't ever give up, each day can help us do better, learn more and possible move closer to solving an issue. If not even solving, possibly making it a little better to live with. I have been living like this all my life. When adversity hits, I do my best to get rid of it or simply make it less painful :)

Be blessed....

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Awwww man,

Ed I can relate to your issue as well. having pain is no fun and there are days that I cannot even walk as well. I have seen many DRs and just been given no hope. I take what drs tell me with a grain of salt. I just think to my self that there has to be a way to make this situation better. There has to be a better way. I am not giving up on this, no way. I will make it better somehow.....

This attitude applies to all walks of life. I sure do hope, that you move forward and get something going :)

You'll be in my prayers...

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    8. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      Never ever do micro suction or ear syringing (ear irrigation). I did the same thing as you did (ear irrigation) and a 100db ear test for 2 minutes which left me with moderate hearing loss. Did you do an audiogram??