Has Anyone Else Had This Experience? Many Different Tinnitus Sounds...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kerryt, Jan 23, 2016.

1. kerryt

kerryt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Hi, I would like to know if anyone is having or has had a similar experience to me. I started with a high pitched squeal in December that didn't really bother me. 3 weeks ago it got louder and started depriving me of sleep. I found out I had an ear infection and was prescribed amoxycillin. 3rd day of taking them it disappeared for 12 hrs then came back. 5th day it disappeared for 24 hours then came back. I was a suicidal mess, getting less than 2 hours sleep in total but by this Wednesday I was dealing with it quite well. 4 hours sleep (on and off) and the anxiety had lifted. Weds night I had 2 new sounds in my right ear, one low pitch, the other medium. They have become increasingly louder and I now have another 3 sounds, one of which is like having a fly in my ear and I cannot sleep through it. I am a complete mess, can't sleep, can't eat and can't carry on like this anymore. I've tried numerous masking apps, music,TV etc. Nothing can help me sleep through it. I know that if I could sleep I could learn to deal with it. My life may be different but I would still have one. I have a 6 year old daughter who needs me and I just don't know what to do. I can't understand why it's getting worse and why I have so many different sounds

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who can shine any light on this as I have yet to come across anyone on forums who has so many different T sounds.

Sorry for the essay. I am in a very bad place

2. Lorritay
      Jaded

Lorritay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Hi I am also New to this. mine came in December 2015 5 weeks ago now following a bad cold.It has been hell to deal with with the same sleep problems.I had just wrote a new thread Billie 48 replied and has good advice.Mine is severe high pitch ringing one minute then can change to loud fuzz then several noises.It keeps changing and is so hard to cope with.I felt so alone dealing with it so I can't give much advice as struggling also .I can just wish you well and hope you can keep being strong and know others are struggling also.You are not alone.

3. Pb1

Pb1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Hey Kerryt,

I know exactly where you're coming from!

You're not alone in having lots of different noises going on at the same time. It makes it even more difficult to try to habituate yourself doesn't it because the goal posts keep moving and just when you think you're getting a grip of it it'll go and do something completely different.

I've had this unpleasantness for about 2 and a half weeks now and as much as I hate to admit it it's taking a huge toll on my life. I just spent another Friday night indoors, afraid to go out in case it makes it worse. When I went to bed I had a tiny bit of hope because it seemed to have got a bit better. I woke up at about 5am though and discovered to my horror that a new type of sound had joined the group!

This one in a way is even worse, the only way I can describe it is it sounds like a power boat going through the water, a kind of Wawaaar-Wawaaar-Wawaaar sound. To make it even worse it's much more in my head type thing so loud noises don't even drown it out.

I'm also a complete mess to be honest. A long with this problem I also seem to have developed a whole host of other things going on like random pains etc. It really couldn't have happened at a worse time for me either, I had just given up my job and was looking forward to emmigrating to another country. So now I am in between homes, have no job (my field was working in a relatively noisy environment too, which I can no longer do because of this and don't know what else I can do because I have no experience in anything else) and am looking at moving to the other side of the world were I don't know anybody.

It's all so annoying, I was in great physical shape just about a month ago, and now I'm a complete wreck struggling just to see the point of going on. What should have been a great time in my life has turned into a horror show.

I'm also sorry for the rant.

I don't know if it's allowed on this forum (could a moderator let me know please) but if you or anyone else feels like talking about it and wants to send me a message I'll let you know my phone number so we can talk about it. I think it would feel good to talk to someone else who is also going through this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. HighStrung

HighStrung Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      I'm 3 months in. The first month was constantly changing sounds, volume, pitch and ear. It would get really, really loud and jerk me out of sleep. I couldn't get more than 2 hours at a time, and not more than four a day total. I was prescribed klonopin, but I despise benzos so I only took about a 16th of the prescribed dosage. That was enough to let me sleep for about six hours at a stretch. Once I started sleeping the noise settled into a fairly steady combination of about three noises. The volume still jumped around a lot. After two months the volume mostly settled down. It stills fluctuates, but not as bad, and sometimes quiets down for a while.

5. Nina Ji

Nina Ji Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Hi kerryt and everyone,
      I have tinnitus 6 months, and I have been going trough the most hard time in my life, I have a 1 year old Son that he is the one who keeps me going each day, every morning i wake up for him, but slowly slowly I'm loosing my sanity.... It all started with one constant sound in my left ear...After a while a couple of very soft tones in my right ear, and now I'm ending up with multiple sounds that freak me out. I don't know how to cope with it, I can't be anymore inside a room, I'm spending the days outside as much as I can, but I can't go on living this way, my son needs his mom, and I'm desperate because I don't know if I will be able to care for him if this situation goes on like this, and it keeps on increasing in volume also. How to keep my sanity and calmness like this??
      How are you guys cope indoors? What are your ways to keep calm and relax?
      I read in some pages that is possible to train the brain not to hear it, how to do so?? When I'm indoors it's unbearable, it freaks me out, I need to distract myself all the time with things to be able to cope...but I m missing just to sit calm for a while and relax, read, talk with people.... any advises would be great!!! Thanks everyone!!

6. matt89
      Studious

matt89 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hi Nina,

you can use a bluetooth/wireless headphone. Download some rain, ocean sounds (if you want I can send you the ones I'm using), connect your smartphone with the headphone and wear it indoors.
      You can still communicate with the headphones and because they are wireless you can do whatever you want except taking a shower or something like that. If you're having a conversation you can take the headphones off for that period.

That's the only way how I can concentrate indoors if nobody is talking to me and there is complete silence.

7. Nina Ji

Nina Ji Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Hi Matt,
      Thanks for you reply, I will go today and get a wireless headphones, i will try it out. do you have any suggestions about witch ones are good? It would be really nice if you could send me the tones you are using, thanks so much!!!

8. matt89
      Studious

matt89 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I'm using the following headphones:

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Bluetooth®-enabled-wireless-headphone-SE-MJ561BT-T/dp/B00R7B96GO/
      (you can regulate the volume directly on the headphone, really comfortable)

Will send you the tones later via pm.

9. cowdodge
      Grumpy

cowdodge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I have mostly a sound like steam escaping from a pipe. My main problem is in the morning after I first wake up. I have a problem with getting up and facing a new day. If I have something to do than that distracts me brain and the noise seems to go away! But like all of us here it controls us and that is the hard part of this stuff. I wear masker hearing aids which diffenitly help. Right now I call it the bong show in my ears as that what the masker sounds like. Well got to get going and get on with life pray that who ever is reading this is having a calm day. Jon