Has Anyone Had an External Sound Latch on Where It Lasts in Your Head for Minutes or Longer?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marcuso22, Jul 11, 2022.

1. Marcuso22

Marcuso22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud prolonged exposure to alarm system
      This has happened to me on a few occasions.

The worst time was once where I was in grocery store and out of nowhere this sound encompassed my whole head for a minute which felt like an eternity. I had discovered there were 2 large refrigerators right behind the wall where it happened. Note that my right ear in particular is very reactive & when the fridge compressor is running at beginning & end of its cycle I still get a strong separate horn sound over my regular tinnitus.

A few days ago this happened to me again while at computer. I moved sideways to where my right ear was facing the computer screen & monitors and a different higher frequency sound, which normally goes away after a few seconds, latched on for nearly a minute. I have ambient sound playing on my computer for therapeutic reasons.

2. Joe Cuber
      Angry

Joe Cuber Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gradual hearing loss + a huge amount of stress
      Yes this happens to me regularly. I was just at a grocery store this evening, and the overhead ventilation makes this high-pitched fan-like noise. My reactivity picked up on it, and I heard it for about 15 minutes after I left the store, but it eventually calmed back down.